I’ve Found a Better Way to Sell 3PL Services
When I first began selling 3PL services, I was surprised at how difficult it was to make a sale. My sales process was ridiculously inefficient and ineffective.
I was successful, but it was still a real struggle closing business with the right kind of customers.
I followed the conventional wisdom, “make 100 phone calls a day”, “build trust with the customer”, “build your network”, “be a sales pro”, “find your customer’s pain points” etc.
For the most part none of this worked for me. I left a lot of voicemails that were never returned. If I did reach a shipper, they were underwhelmed with me and my service offering.
My message “I can save you money and improve your service” sounded hollow to me and my prospects.
Sales Training Helped…Sorta
So I flew to Chicago to take an expensive 3 day sales course. I did well in the class and I realized that I had pretty good sales skills. Newly confident I rededicated myself to the sales battle, but I was still not having the success I wanted.
Something was missing.
Then I realized, I don’t have a sales problem, I have a marketing and lead generation problem.
BAM! You need great leads to be successful in sales.
3PL Sales Platform – A Better Way to Sell
I began learning about marketing and lead generation. I began with some tentative steps and took lots of wrong turns. I wasted a lot of time, but eventually I found my way.
Finally, after 4 years of struggle, I can proudly say I have built a really nice 3PL sales platform that provides me really great leads. Trust me, sales becomes a lot easier when you have great leads. In addition to getting me great leads, my sales platform has helped to raise my profile and make me more credible to shippers.
A sales and marketing platform helps you connect with prospective customers by sharing your expertise. There are lots of ways to share your expert content like whitepapers, articles, blog posts, videos, webinars, etc.
5 Reasons You Need a 3PL Sales Platform
1. Visibility. Customers can see platform owners because they stand out from the crowd. In a crowded market like transportation and logistics, you need to cut through the clutter and be seen.
2. Communicate. Once you are visible to your prospective customers, you need to build a two way communication channel. You want to understand their problems and buying motivations and you want to explain what makes you different and better.
3. Be seen as an expert. Most likely you are an expert, but who knows it? With a sales platform you can share your expertise with a larger audience. Sharing expertise from a sales platform will make you more credible and lead to more sales.
4. Build a tribe. Once you build a platform you will get followers who see the world the way you do. These people will become your tribe. As you share your knowledge with your tribe, the connection grows. Naturally, some of your tribe will become partners and customers.
5. Sell more. The purpose of a sales platform is to close more sales. With a sales platform, you will get more leads and they will be higher quality leads. More leads + higher quality leads = more sales.
I Can Help You Build Your Own 3PL Sales Platform
It took me years to build my 3PL sales platform, but it was totally worth it.
Today, I get lots of good leads from shippers who already know me from my articles, whitepapers, webinars and speaking engagements. When we connect, I am viewed as an expert. You don’t get that treatment from cold calling.
I can show you the way to more sales leads, better quality leads, and a higher sales conversion rate. I have made all the mistakes and I can help you avoid them.
If you are interested in knowing more please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517.375.0631 mobile.