[00:33] Please introduce you and your company.
- My name is John Simpson. I’m the director of sales at Covideo.
- We’re an email, texting, video platform for salespeople. The company is based in Indianapolis.
[01:14] Tell us a little bit about yourself.
- I’m from Holland, Michigan and went to Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, studying political science.
- After graduating, I worked at a deli for a while. Then, I decided to go to grad school but dropped out.
- I drove to Chicago, lived on my friend’s couch for about a month, and then found a job with a logistics company. I didn’t know what logistics was at first, but I stayed there for ten years before joining Covideo.
[03:24] When and why did you join Covideo?
- I joined in January 2017.
- I miss logistics, but a good friend of mine started Covideo and he needed somebody to help with the sales team.
[04:37] In this business, good leads are hard to come by.
- Leads aren’t worth anything until you get the opportunity to talk to somebody. That’s when they become precious.
- The most important thing in sales is that people buy from people they like.
- It’s difficult to stand out, and you don’t want to just stand out, you want favorable attention.
[11:22] How does Covideo go about converting more leads into loads?
- Covideo was built for salespeople, not for the marketing department, CEO, etc.
- We send personality through email.
- The logistics provider can call a company and leave a voicemail saying that they will send a video of themselves via email.
- It helps you stand out from the crowd.
[14:03] Is there a problem making a video by myself on my phone?
- You’ll run into file size issues or end up in the spam folder.
- Our videos can also appear as an overlay on your website, guiding viewers to the next steps.
- You get to see analytics on all of this.
[17:48] How long are these videos usually?
- Normally fifteen to forty-five seconds.
- The average person only reads the first sentence or two of an email, so we must follow the same rules and keep the video short.
[18:06] How are these videos working for people in logistics?
- I heard from a sales rep that kept being ignored by a woman he was calling. Once he sent her a video, she let him quote three lanes that day.
[19:24] We all need to up our game when it comes to sales, and part of it is using this kind of technology.
- For customers who are shipping one to ten loads per week, those are still great customers that you want. However, even they are getting pounded with phone calls.
- Covideo is a cost-effective way to show people you can be trusted.
- When you say something out loud and provide visuals, your message is getting across the way you intended.
[23:48] Tell us a little bit more about Covideo. What are the next steps if somebody is interested?
- Visit out website or give us a call. We’ll talk with you and see if we’re a good fit.
- It takes time to get comfortable using videos, and it has to be part of your routine.
- Relationships are built over the phone, but introductions are made on video.
[25:30] Is this hard to implement and expensive, or is it for everybody?
- If I can use it, anybody can use it.
- We’ve got customized packages for whatever your needs are.
John Simpson on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-simpson-92727a24
[…] Author: joelynch Go to Source […]