How to Grow a Trucking Company with Brian Fielkow
Brian Fielkow and Joe Lynch discuss how to grow a trucking company. Brian is the CEO of Houston-based Jetco Delivery and EVP of Montreal- based The GTI Group.
About Brian Fielkow
In his dual role as CEO of Houston-based Jetco Delivery and EVP of Montreal- based The GTI Group, Brian leverages his 25+ years’ experience of leading, growing and transforming multimillion dollar organizations organically and via mergers and acquisitions. The companies’ operations include intermodal, flatbed/heavy haul, van, and freight brokerage. As Jetco CEO over the past 14 years, Brian developed the company into one of the Gulf Coast’s premier trucking and logistics providers. Under his leadership, Jetco built a premium service model that differentiated the company in a price-driven industry. Brian has maintained focus on people, fleet, technology and innovation to provide an excellent client experience.
About Jetco Delivery
Since 1976, Jetco has partnered with sophisticated shippers and intermediaries to meet their trucking and freight brokerage needs throughout the Gulf Coast. Through its family of companies, Jetco provides intermodal, open deck, heavy haul, dry van, asset-backed freight brokerage, and warehousing services. Headquartered in Houston, Jetco maintains an office in Dallas and terminals in La Porte, Freeport, San Antonio and Dallas. Jetco is a part of The GTI Group, a Canadian-based specialized transport company providing integrated logistics and transportation services, including asset-based trucking, freight brokerage, air and ocean services, and warehousing and storage.
Key Takeaways: How to Grow a Trucking Company with Brian Fielkow
- Brian Fielkow is the CEO of Houston-based Jetco Delivery and EVP of Montreal- based The GTI Group.
- Brian bought Jetco and grew the company ten-fold before selling it to The GTI Group.
- In the podcast interview, Brian explained that there are many challenges in the trucking business including: the boom and bust cycle which makes investment difficult, hiring and retaining the wrong people, safety problems, high insurance costs, working with the wrong shippers and carriers, and over-reliance on transactional business.
- When Brian took over at Jetco, he worked hard to win the respect of the employees. From the beginning Brian wanted to build a winning culture and business processes that ensured success.
- To grow the company, Brian focuses on 1.) People 2.) Fleet and 3.) Technology.
- Jetco / GTI operates a fleet of 100+ trucks and 250+ trailers. Headquartered in Houston, Jetco maintains an office in Dallas and terminals in La Porte, Freeport, San Antonio and Dallas.
- Jetco is a part of The GTI Group, a Canadian-based company providing over-the-road transportation, freight brokerage, ocean and air logistics, and warehousing services throughout North America and across the globe.