Owning The Customer Experience with Larry Gordon
Larry Gordon and Joe Lynch discuss owning the customer experience. Larry is the Managing Director, GTM, Emtec Digital, a global technology services company that provides digital software engineering and transformation solutions to clients across multiple industries.
About Larry Gordon
Larry Gordon is the Managing Director, GTM, Emtec Digital. Prior to joining Emtec, Larry has held senior leadership positions at Cognizant and Capgemini and has founded and led IT services and software companies in the security, devops and digital transformation segments. He has also been a successful angel investor in the energy and cloud spaces.
Emtec is a global IT consultancy dedicated to helping world class organizations in the enterprise, education, and government markets drive transformation and growth by employing the latest enterprise technologies and innovative business processes. We empower our clients to accelerate innovation and deliver amazing client experiences to better compete and ultimately lead in their industry. Our “Client for Life” approach is built upon over 20 years of delivering rapid, meaningful, and lasting business value. Our offerings span the IT spectrum from Advisory, Applications (Enterprise, Custom, Mobile and Cloud) as well as Intelligent Automation, Analytic, Cyber Security and Infrastructure Services.
Key Takeaways: Owning The Customer Experience
- Larry Gordon is the Managing Director, GTM, Emtec Digital, a firm that empowers their transportation and logistics clients to accelerate innovation and deliver amazing client experiences.
- In the podcast interview, Larry explains how the customer experience is increasingly enabled by technology. Consumer technology companies like Amazon have raised the bar on customer experience.
- Leading transportation, logistics, and warehousing companies are investing to deliver the best customer experience. The 3PL market is separating between the “haves” who have game-changing technology and the “have-nots” who are unable or unwilling to invest in technology.
- In the past, IT service companies developed systems that were focused on operational and financial functions that were not seen or use by the firm’s customers.
- Today, IT service companies are not just not just developing systems that streamline the process – they are delivering customer experiences. When the customer is regularly interacting with the technology, the bar is very high.
- IT services companies who are developing customer experiences, work closely with customers (end customers) to understand their unique preferences.
- Emtec develops digital products or platforms that are customer facing – products that have the ability to delight customers and give your company a competitive advantage.
- Emtec is a global technology services company providing digital software engineering and transformation solutions to clients in logistics, transportation, and warehousing. Emtec also works some of the leading technology companies in the freight tech space.