Reimagining the Food Supply Chain with Eric Ristow and Luis Pajares
Eric Ristow, Luis Pajares, and Joe Lynch discuss reimagining the food supply chain. The food supply chain has many challenges including poor customer experience, disconnected cold storage networks, and a lack of system integration resulting in limited visibility.
About Eric Ristow
Eric Ristow serves as Vice President of Product and Application Management at Lineage Logistics. In this role, he ensures custom-built software, as well as SaaS applications, meet the needs of Lineage’s customers. This includes identifying discrete business problems within the temperature-controlled logistics space and developing the requisite applications to enable the safe and efficient storage and transportation of food. As a technology leader for the world’s largest cold-chain provider, Eric is passionate about building more effective food management and delivery solutions for Lineage’s customers to improve the resiliency of the food supply chain in an increasingly challenging global environment. Prior to joining Lineage in 2014, Eric spent 7 years as a management consulting within the healthcare, pharmaceutical and retail spaces. These efforts include the large-scale post-merger integration of technical assets, deployment of global asset management programs, the integration of regulatory content systems, and the development of an enterprise resource planning program to support the strategic staffing of all IT projects, comprising an annual budget of $180 million and 2,500 global team members. Eric holds a BA in history from Dartmouth College and a JD/MBA from Emory University.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is the world’s largest and most innovative temperature-controlled industrial REIT and logistics solutions provider. Lineage’s expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions, its unrivaled real estate network and its use of technology combine to promote food safety, increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, lessen environmental impact, and minimize supply chain waste. As a result, Lineage helps customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small family-owned businesses increase the efficiency and protect the integrity of their temperature-controlled supply chain. Lineage has grown its cubic feet by 60% annually since 2008 to 1.9 billion cubic feet, making it the largest global temperature-controlled industrial REIT. In recognition of the company’s leading innovations, Lineage was recognized as the No 1. Data Science company on Fast Company’s Annual list of The World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2019, in addition to ranking 23rd overall in an evaluation of thousands of companies worldwide.
About Luis Pajares
Luis Pajares serves as the Chief Revenue Officer at Turvo. He brings over 30 years of experience in software and cloud technologies in both large publicly traded and start-up companies. Luis’s career has been focused on finding and developing disruptive technologies that modernize industries. At Turvo Luis is focused on applying his knowledge and experience in digital transformation to the logistics industry to create the world’s first collaborative logistics solution to unify every person, system, and organization in the supply chain. In his previous role as Group Vice President for Oracle Communications, he was a senior member of the leadership team responsible for strategy with oversight of worldwide sales, alliances and partnerships. Luis holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Florida and an MBA from the University of Dallas.
Turvo is the world’s first multi-enterprise collaborative platform specifically designed for the global supply chain. The Turvo platform connects people and organizations across the supply chain, allowing shippers, logistics providers, and carriers to digitally transform their workflows with cloud-based software and mobile applications. The technology unifies all systems, internal and external, providing one end-to-end system of record set for all operations and analytics while eliminating redundant manual tasks and automating business processes. Turvo is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Dallas, Texas, and Hyderabad, India.
Key Takeaways: Reimagining the Food Supply Chain
- Food producers, especially those that require temperature control have traditionally depended on a hodge-podge collection of 3PLs to store and transport their product.
- Since no one 3PL had the service footprint (warehousing locations) adequate to service the entire country, food producers used multiple cold storage suppliers, which resulted in disparate systems and processes.
- Predictably, using multiple cold storage facilities led to inefficiency and waste, specifically wasted food.
- Meanwhile, the bar has raised for food producers. Due to customer demand for faster transit times, food inventory must be stored closer to customers. Additionally, everyone in the food supply chain wants fast, accurate, actionable data. Lastly, food waste has become recognized as a problem. Dumping food into a landfill when there may be hungry people in the community is a problem that must be addressed.
- Lineage Logistics is transforming the food supply chain. Lineage has embarked on an ambitious plan to create a national footprint that will enable food producers to utilize one 3PL for all their storage, logistics, and transportation needs.
- Today, Lineage Logistics moves approximately 30% of temperature-controlled food in the U.S. and nearly 10% worldwide. Link to Lineage’s acquisitions.
- In addition to their impressive service footprint (warehouse locations), Lineage has partnered with Turvo to launch Lineage Link.
- Lineage Link, powered by Turvo, is a unified and fully integrated supply-chain technology solution that seamlessly connects the Lineage network, driving collaboration, performance, and efficiency for all supply chain participants. The platform gives customers an unprecedented level of insight and control to enable more agile and informed decisions, providing visibility across locations, orders, inventories, transportation, and warehouse appointment scheduling.
Learn More About Reimagining the Food Supply Chain
Lineage Logistics Partners with Turvo to Launch Lineage Link
Frictionless Logistics: It’s the Collaboration, Stupid with Ketan Karkhanis