The DHL Supply Chain with Scott Sureddin
About Scott Sureddin
Scott Sureddin is the CEO North America, DHL Supply Chain. Scott manages all operations within the US and Canada, as well as central functional teams supporting the entire Americas region. He joined DHL in 2002, holding leadership positions including President of the Consumer and LSH business units, and SVP, Operations, before serving as the COO for the Americas. His previous experience included 14 years with US Foodservice, ultimately as VP, Operations, for the Southwest region. He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Texas Tech University.
About DHL Supply Chain
DHL is the global market leader in the logistics industry with a global network of more than 220 countries and territories and around 350,000 employees. DHL is part of Deutsche Post DHL Group. DHL is organized in 4 divisions: Ecommerce, Express (small parcel), Global Forwarding, and Supply Chain. Combining value-added and management services with traditional fulfilment and distribution, DHL’s customized, integrated logistics solutions drive efficiency, improve quality and create competitive advantage. DHL Supply Chain offers specialist, proven expertise within the Auto-Mobility, Consumer, Chemicals, Energy, Engineering & Manufacturing, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Retail and Technology sectors. As today’s global markets grow, our innovative logistics solutions are ready to help.
Key Takeaways: The DHL Supply Chain
- Scott Sureddin is the CEO of DHL Supply Chain, the world’s leading logistics company.
- In the podcast interview, Scott provides an overview of all DHL’s business units and operations worldwide. DHL is organized in 4 divisions: Ecommerce, Express (small parcel), Global Forwarding, and Supply Chain.
- Scott also described the trends that are transforming the economy.
- The pandemic highlighted the importance of supply chain logistics and accelerated the growth of e-commerce.
- DHL has invested heavily in collaborative robots and warehouse automation which has greatly improved productivity and created a better working environment for DHL associates.
- DHL has also made big investment in their front-line people. They provide extensive onboarding for new employees, certifications, and leadership training. The goal is to have every employee embrace the DHL culture that has helped the company become the leader in contract logistics.
- DHL has set sustainability goals that include investing 7 billion euros in efforts that reduce CO2 emissions by 2030. The company has also committed to zero emissions by 2050.
- DHL has 3 bottom lines: provider of choice, employer of choice, and investment of choice.
Learn More About The DHL Supply Chain
The Logistics of Logistics Podcast