Hannah Kain and Joe Lynch discuss the outsourced supply chain, a topic Hannah is familiar with due to ALOM‘s extensive experience managing supply chain functions for diverse industries. Hannah is Founder and CEO of ALOM, a leading global supply chain management services and solutions provider, offering comprehensive services to Fortune 500 clients in various industries.
About Hannah Kain
Hannah Kain is President and CEO of ALOM, a supply chain company she founded in 1997. ALOM operates out of 19 global locations to support its Fortune 500 customers in the technology, automotive, life sciences, and regulated industry sectors. Hannah was born in Denmark where – in addition to a business and political career – she taught at Copenhagen Business School. Hannah is a board member of the National Association of Manufacturers, WBEC-Pacific, the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) where she also serves as WBENC Forum 1st vice chair, board chair of How Women Lead–Silicon Valley, and is a member of the Committee of 200 for executive women. Hannah was named an SDCE 2023 Supply Chain Pro to Know and 2021 WE USA Top WBE CEO. In 2020 she was featured as a Business Insider Top 100 People Transforming Business, recognized as a Top 10 Women in Logistics by Global Trade Magazine, and won the SDCE Women Leaders in Supply Chain award.
ALOM is a global supply chain management services and solutions provider, serving as a strategic partner to its Fortune 500 clients in the technology, automotive, life sciences, and highly regulated industry sectors. Headquartered in Fremont, CA, USA, its teams of technology engineers and supply chain specialists operate globally from 19 locations. Committed to environmental and social responsibility, ALOM manages the physical supply chain from procurement, inventory management, contract assembly, digital media and print, to omni-channel fulfillment and returns. ALOM seamlessly integrates digital and financial streams into the physical supply chain, deploying e-commerce and payment solutions, visibility tools, digital delivery tools, data management, and strong back-end systems, all while producing and fulfilling goods worldwide. ALOM is proud to deliver its clients’ products and services impeccably, enrich the end-user experience, and uphold their brand reputations.
Key Takeaways: The Outsourced Supply Chain
- Hannah Kain is Founder and CEO of ALOM, a leading global supply chain management services and solutions provider, offering comprehensive services to Fortune 500 clients in various industries.
- In the podcast interview, Hannah and Joe discuss the outsourced supply chain, a topic Hannah is familiar with due to ALOM’s extensive experience managing supply chain functions for diverse industries.
- ALOM aims to bring competitive advantage to customer brands through operational excellence, innovative technology, and quality management practices.
- Excellence and innovation: ALOM specializes in designing and implementing innovative and sustainable supply chain strategies that help customers gain a competitive edge and increase brand loyalty.
- Protecting customer brands: ALOM strictly adheres to world-class standards in process and quality excellence to ensure flawless product delivery and mitigate supply chain disruptions and reputational risks.
- Collaborative business model: ALOM believes in collaborative and results-driven customer/supplier relationships, focusing on understanding customers’ needs, improving operational performance, and optimizing supply chains for efficiency.
- Supply chain planning: ALOM’s supply chain engineers blend expertise, technology, and innovative thinking to optimize process flow, material movement, and visibility while reducing time, risk, and costs.
- Data analytics and reporting: ALOM employs robust order management and business intelligence systems to track, analyze, and continuously improve supply chain operations based on terabytes of data.
- Global operations: With strategic locations near major industrial hubs and markets worldwide, ALOM offers agility in adjusting supply chain operations based on changing market requirements.
- Compliance and risk management: ALOM invests heavily in maintaining stringent compliance with regional, national, and international regulatory mandates to protect customers and ensure uninterrupted delivery of goods and services.
- ALOM Advantage: ALOM’s global resources, customer-centric approach, regulatory compliance, agility, and collaboration help solve complex challenges and achieve customers’ supply chain goals while protecting their brands.