Becoming More Confident on the Phone with Chris Jolly
Chris Jolly and Joe Lynch discuss what it takes to become more confident on the phone. Chris is an experienced freight sales coach and consultant who helps transportation and logistics professionals grow their sales.
About Chris Jolly
Chris Jolly is the founder of CJolly Freight Consulting and the host of Coffee w/#TheFreightCoach podcast. Chris has over 14 years of experience in transportation with the bulk of his experience in freight brokerage. His experience within freight brokerage includes operations, sales, and leadership ranging from start-ups to one of the largest brokerages in the transportation industry. His passion is training and development of sales and operations professionals in the brokerage business. Chris earned his Bachelor’s degree in Management from the University of Wisconsin- Stout located in Menomonie, WI and holds an associate in Management from Chippewa Valley Technical College in Eau Claire, WI.
About the Freight Coach (CJolly Freight Consulting)
CJolly Freight Consulting partners with growth stage transportation companies ranging from traditional freight brokerages, asset-based trucking companies looking to expand into brokerage, as well as technology companies looking to implement their product into the industry. Our main objective is to utilize niche specific transportation training methods to improve efficiencies within the sales process and use our experience to enhance your operations team to execute your freight mix at a higher level. The Freight Coach provides one on one training with leadership as well as carrier and customer sales representatives to ensure that they overcome the barriers they are facing now to pave the way for greater success.
Key Takeaways: Becoming More Confident on the Phone
- To become more confident on the phone, follow these tips from Chris:
- Be yourself, the best version of you, engaged, positive, authentic, and interesting.
- Don’t be salesy and don’t use your sales voice – it’s a turn-off.
- Skip the canned sales script that makes you sound fake. Reading a canned speech makes you sound inauthentic and inexperienced.
- Whatever you say, own every word.
- Be passionate about what you are selling.
- Pick a niche, specialize in a particular area of the business.
- Become a little famous by blogging, vlogging, podcasts, and or social media. Being a recognized expert in the industry will help you grow your sales.