It’s Not the Market, It’s Your Procurement with Andrew Haverkampf
Andrew Haverkampf and Joe Lynch discuss it’s not the market, it’s your procurement. Andrew is the Vice President of Platform Solutions at Emerge, one of the fastest-growing startups in the U.S. and is transforming the $800 billion transportation and logistics industry with its digital freight marketplace platform.
About Andrew Haverkampf
Andrew Haverkampf is the Vice President of Platform Solutions at Emerge. For the past twenty five years, Andrew has worked at some of the most successful and fastest growing logistics companies in the logistics industry including American Backhaulers, C.H. Robinson, Coyote, AFN, and Uber Freight. Andrew was the first employee at logistics start-up AFN, and later re-joined his mentor Jeff Silver at Coyote working in Europe and the US. Just prior to joining Emerge, Andrew led Enterprise Partnerships at the high flying Uber Freight. Andrew earned a BA in Psychology from Indiana University and an MBA from DePaul University.
Transforming the $800 billion freight industry, Emerge empowers meaningful logistics relationships through its award-winning Freight Procurement Platform. Built by freight professionals for freight professionals, Emerge is reinventing the procurement process by offering solutions that enable shippers and carriers to make more empowered, strategic decisions. In addition to the platform, shippers can connect to the Emerge Marketplace which opens access to 35,000 asset based carriers in order to create meaningful freight connections. The world’s largest shippers and capacity providers use the Emerge Freight Procurement Platform daily, showing immediate ROI for procurement and saving valuable time in the process. Founded in 2017, and located in Scottsdale, Arizona, Emerge is one of the fastest-growing technology startups in the U.S.
Key Takeaways: It’s Not the Market, It’s Your Procurement
- Andrew Haverkampf is the Vice President of Platform Solutions at Emerge, a flexible, efficiency-driven RFP platform for freight.
- In the podcast interview, Andrew explains that many shippers believe their problems with capacity is due solely to the tight market for trucks and drivers. The freight transportation market is tight, however, the procurement process used by many shippers contributes to their capacity issues.
- Small and medium shippers often utilize Excel spreadsheets and mass emails for their freight request for pricing (RFP) events. The process is cumbersome, annoying to many carriers, and often unsuccessful.
- Larger shippers may use procurement software, however, those softwares are not made for managing logistics and transportation and seldom can manage the complexity of thousands of lanes and thousands of carriers. Using existing procurement software for freight is usually a forced fit and it doesn’t yield the desired results.
- As a result of the clunky, antiquated, time-consuming, soul-crushing procurement process, shippers usually only do one RRP or procurement event per year. Since most carriers can’t predict the future of freight rates, shipper end up with “paper rates” that are only good on paper.
- Emerge is reinventing freight procurement by providing access to benchmarked rates and thousands of trusted partners to maximize cost-savings.
- Emerge is custom built for freight RFP events and as a result the process is streamlined, easy, and saves shippers time and money.
- The Emerge platform provides carriers access to more shippers and more opportunities.
- Carriers gain access and bid directly on exclusive contract and spot lanes that they may have never had access to before. Emerge’s network connects carriers with shippers of all sizes, providing them more opportunities in the lanes that work for your company.
- Emerge uses a network model, which becomes increasingly valuable to users (carriers and shippers) as it scales.
- Emerge is hiring: Emerge Careers