The Mary Kay Supply Chain with Michael Ringsdorf
Michael Ringsdorf and Joe Lynch discuss the Mary Kay supply chain. Michael is the Vice President Transportation & Logistics at Mary Kay, one of the most enduring, successful direct sellers of personal beauty products in the world for more than 55 years.
About Michael Ringsdorf
Michael Ringsdorf is the experienced Vice President of Transportation & Logistics with a demonstrated history of working for a global company in the direct sales and cosmetics industry. Mike has developed a track record of converging people and technology to get exceptional results. Mike has a degree in Marketing from Iowa State University and over 30 years of experience leading teams in Demand Planning, Inventory Control, Automated Storage Retrieval Warehouses & Transportation.
About Mary Kay
Mary Kay Inc. (Mary Kay) has been one of the most enduring, successful direct sellers of personal beauty products in the world for more than 55 years. Committed to enriching the lives of women and their families around the world, we offer corporate careers with unlimited opportunities to do something beautiful for people around the globe – and within our own company. More than 5,000 people work in our corporate positions in all the global markets we serve. And we were recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers 2019. The primary responsibility of our corporate teams to serve our millions of Independent Beauty Consultants (IBCs). IBCs work with Mary Kay as independent contractors, selling our products directly to consumers in nearly 40 markets on five continents.
Key Takeaways: The Mary Kay Supply Chain
- Mike Ringsdorf is the Vice President Transportation & Logistics at Mary Kay Global, a cosmetics company based in Texas. The company offers eyeliners, mascara, night cream, gel, foundation, and other related products, as well as provides beauty consultancy services.
- In the podcast interview, Mike and Joe discuss what it takes to manufacture Mary Kay products and distribute it to millions of Mary Kay Beauty Consultants worldwide.
- The company’s primary manufacturing plant is in Dallas, Texas. A second plant was opened in Hangzhou, China, to manufacture and package products for that market.
- Mary Kay is an American privately owned multi-level marketing company. The company was founded by Mary Kay Ash in 1963.
- Mary Kay is now one of the largest direct sellers of skin care and cosmetics. The company also manufactures and distributes over-the-counter drugs and products, such as sunscreens and acne treatments.
- Mary Kay’s products are sold in more than 40 markets around the world, and its global independent sales force exceeds 3.5 million.