Bill Catania and Joe Lynch discuss the OneRail story. Bill is the Founder & CEO of OneRail, a final mile delivery orchestration platform providing real-time visibility, actionable data, and data-driven optimization capabilities for its enterprise clients.
About Bill Catania
Bill Catania is the Founder and CEO of OneRail, a top-tier delivery fulfillment platform with an integrated coast-to-coast courier network of 9 million drivers. Prior to OneRail, Catania was named CEO of CoinFlip Solutions, Inc., a cloud-based payment platform delivering real-time electronic payment solutions for health benefits, points, and promotional offers. Catania was also the founder and CEO of digital coupon pioneer M-Dot Network, the first-of-its-kind retail POS-to-cloud transaction engine, powering the real-time redemption of digital coupons at grocery checkouts throughout North America. After M-Dot was acquired in 2011 by retail transaction processing giant Inmar, Inc., Catania stayed on as VP of Digital Solutions, leading Inmar to a best-in-class position, with its installation network of over 20,000 retail locations across North America.
A graduate of Cornell University, Catania studied Applied Economics and Political Science, and was a Cornell Tradition Fellow. While a student, he founded the motorsports/E-Commerce business RaceFan, Inc., which rapidly grew to become one of the nation’s premier online motorsports informational sites. An avid racing fan, Catania has owned and driven stock cars since he was 17, and raced at Daytona International Speedway in the ARCA Racing Series. He can still be found competing today throughout the southeast. At RaceFan, Bill negotiated the purchase of several major dot-com properties, scaling network traffic to over 20 million page views per month, while syndicating its racing news and results to media giants such as Fox Sports, PRIMEDIA and NASCAR.com.
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, OneRail was founded in 2018 by Bill Catania, a serial entrepreneur from the FinTech world, and his wife, Lisa Catania. OneRail is a final mile delivery orchestration platform providing real-time visibility, actionable data, and data-driven optimization capabilities for its enterprise clients. OneRail’s cloud-based “delivery switch” simplifies same-day and on-demand delivery execution by connecting the demand signal (POS, eCommerce, ERP) with an ecosystem of delivery networks and internal fleets, in real-time. The result of OneRail’s centralized view of disparate final mile data enables data-driven optimization, positively impacting the dependability, speed, and cost of final mile fulfillment.
Key Takeaways: The OneRail Story
- Bill Catania is the Founder and CEO of OneRail, a final mile delivery fulfillment platform with an integrated coast-to-coast courier network of 9 million drivers.
- In the podcast interview, Bill described how his difficulty getting his new refrigerator from the big box store to his home led to him found OneRail, a last mile delivery logistics solution built to remove the friction in fulfillment.
- OneRail’s comprehensive 4-in-1 delivery fulfillment solution combines leading technology with a coast-to-coast courier network, a skilled 24/7 Exceptions team and a micro fulfillment labor force to solve last mile logistics more comprehensively than any other solution in the space.
- OneRail provides 100% visibility into the delivery flow, but it’s way more than a visibility platform. With the right mix of leading technology, dependable couriers, and a vigilant customer experience (CX) team, customers get the ability to change delivery outcomes in real time.
- OneRail has the largest integrated courier network in the last mile space – a managed marketplace with instant access to 9 million drivers, 292 courier entities and more than 65 logistics companies across 220 major U.S. cities.