Jennifer Karpus-Romain and Joe Lynch discuss TMSA key takeaways. Jennifer is the Executive Director of the Transportation Marketing and Sales Association (TMSA), an association that enables sales and marketing professionals to learn and give back to the transportation and logistics industry through education, connections and resources for close to a century.
About Jennifer Karpus-Romain
Jennifer serves as the Executive Director at the Transportation Marketing & Sales Association (TMSA) and as an adjunct professor at Cuyahoga Community College teaching social media. Previously, she was Director of Marketing for Faye, a software integration firm, and has also held roles in the publishing and marketing industries, and managed her own content and publishing firm. Karpus-Romain has her Bachelor of Science in Journalism from Ohio University and received her MBA from Capella University.
About Transportation Marketing and Sales Association (TMSA)
Sales and marketing professionals in the logistics and transportation industry come to the Transportation Marketing and Sales Association (TMSA)as the place to learn, to grow, to have fun together and to make lasting connections. Members enjoy access to live events, virtual forums and exclusive member-only benefits. The association was founded in 1924 and has gone through many names and iterations throughout the years, but it’s mission to be the resource for its members has never changed.
Key Takeaways: TMSA Key Takeaways
- Jennifer Karpus-Romain is the Executive Director of the Transportation Marketing and Sales Association (TMSA).
- TMSA has been enabling sales and marketing professionals to learn and give back to the transportation and logistics industry through education, connections and resources for close to a century.
- In the podcast interview, Jennifer shared the key takeaways from the TMSA conference held June 5-7 in Orlando, FL.
- The 5 key takeaways that Jennifer shared are:
- Just start – whatever ideas or strategies you have for improving sales and marketing, stop planning and begin. Just do it!
- Stay connected – To grow your sales and keep current, stay connected to our everchanging industry, customers, prospective customers, and your network.
- Create value – Most sales and marketing teams focus only on selling, while the best focus on educating and adding value for existing and prospective customers.
- Focused investments – There are dozens of ways to invest in improved sales and marketing, however the companies that are most successful research their options and make focused investments rather than making lots of small investments that are less likely to produce an ROI.
- Find inspiration – Sales and marketing is tough and keeping the faith is sometimes difficult. To keep energized, find ways to keep yourself and your team inspired.