3 Keys to LinkedIn Success with Vivica von Rosen
Viveka (Vivica) von Rosen and Joe Lynch discuss the 3 keys to LinkedIn success. Vivica is the co-founder of a company that teaches people to use LinkedIn to help salespeople create more qualified and quality conversations.
About Viveka (Vivica) von Rosen
Viveka von Rosen is a Co-founder and Chief Visibility Officer at Vengreso, the world’s largest digital sales transformation company. Known as the @LinkedInExpert, she’s the author of the best-selling “LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour a Day” & “LinkedIn: 101 Ways to Rock Your Personal Brand.” She is a contributing expert to LinkedIn’s official Sales and Marketing blogs and their “Sophisticated Marketer’s” Guides and is often called on to contribute to publications like Fast Company, Forbes, Money, Selling Power, Entrepreneur and the Social Media Examiner. Viveka takes the LinkedIn and social selling experience over the past 14 years and transforms it into engaging and informational digital sales strategies, tactics, and tools including personal branding, social selling training, and content for sales. Her business mission is to help sales professionals and business owners create more quality and qualified conversions on LinkedIn. When she’s not doing that, she’s either diving or hang gliding or hiking the trails near her Colorado home. (Basically, anywhere without cell reception)
Vengreso teach, consult and practice modern digital selling strategies that help sales teams increase win rates through digital selling practices. There has been a rush to train sales teams on “social selling” with a half-baked approach too often through a one-day training event with much of the emphasis on how to use social technology. This approach results in little if any behavior change. Too often, the results have been “meh.” Vengreso digital sales experts have been heads of sales and heads of marketing in B2B organizations. The Vengresso team has educated more than 140,000 professionals in modern selling strategies across thousands of companies. The company principals came together to develop and launch a suite of digital sales training and consulting offerings to help salespeople and organizations increase win rates through their digital sales practices. Vengreso does one thing, helps sales professionals create more conversations with qualified buyers. More conversations lead to more pipeline, and with proper execution leads to higher win rates, which is what every sales leader wants. Prospect better – sell more!
Key Takeaways: 3 Keys to LinkedIn Success
- What Not To Do
- The worst thing you can do is not have a LinkedIn profile or a poorly constructed profile.
- Avoid being too salesy – be a resource, not a salesperson.
- Don’t be a spammer or use automation – instead build relationships.
- LinkedIn is not a numbers game – it’s a relationship game.
- Google yourself and you will most likely find your LinkedIn profile at the top of the search results. Your LinkedIn profile is typically the first digital impression you will make on your prospect.
- Develop a Buyer Centric Profile
- Highlight how you help your customers.
- Add a background image that reflects what you do including a call to action.
- Develop a profile headline that says who your serve – not your title and company.
- Create a company page and make sure every employee is connected to it.
- Use the name pronunciation feature audio to add your elevator speech – only on the mobile app.
- Orange plus sign on your picture means you can add a short video introducing yourself and your company – beta feature only available on mobile app.
- On the profile, LinkedIn now enables users to share content on the “Featured” area of the profile. Share white papers, ebooks, and other resources with your prospective clients.
- Know, Like, Trust (KLT) Factor
- All things being equal, people prefer to work with people they know, like, and trust.
- Become a trusted advisor, a resource to customers.
- You must be able to articulate the problems that you solve in a way that resonates with prospective customers.
- Know your buyer and their pain points.
- Talk to your buyers to develop a deeper knowledge of why they chose your company.
- Use video to build relationships on LinkedIn – video cover story.
- LinkedIn also enables users message connections using video.
- Engage before connecting – comment on their posts.
- Personalized – Add Value – Call to Action (PVC) Strategy
- Create Top of Mind Awareness
- Stay top of mind with prospective buyers by sharing relevant content with them.
- Hopefully, when your prospect is ready to buy, they will think of you and your company because you have been educating them throughout the buyer journey.
- The 411 Content Sharing Strategy – Share four pieces of 3rd party content, one piece of your company’s content and then one piece of content that has a call to action.
- Develop a LinkedIn cadence daily – add it to your calendar.
Learn More About 3 Keys to LinkedIn Success
The Logistics of Logistics Podcast
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a positive review, subscribe, and share it with your friends and colleagues.
- The Logistics of Logistics Podcast: Google, Apple, Castbox, Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Tunein, Podbean, Owltail, Libsyn, Overcast
- Check out The Logistics of Logistics on Youtube