Brian Gibala and Joe Lynch discuss 5 things your carrier wants. Brian serves as Vice President of Sales at LTI Trucking Services, an asset-based truckload carrier and 3PL specializing in temperature-controlled contract service.
About Brian Gibala
Brian Gibala is the VP of Sales at LTI Trucking Services, an asset-based truckload carrier and 3PL specializing in temperature-controlled contract service. He studied Logistics and Operations Management at The University of Missouri-St. Louis and got his start in the industry at Hub Group in the Highway Brokerage division. Brian has worn many hats in his 8 years at LTI, holding various roles with responsibilities in operations, sales, pricing, customer success, and network strategy. Brian is passionate about Freight Network Engineering, building relationships, continuous improvement, analytics, and taking a hands-on approach in working with clients and teammates to achieve win-win solutions. Brian is a competitive and compassionate leader and happily married father of two young boys that love trucks.
About LTI Trucking Services
LTI Trucking Services is an asset-based, super-regional, truckload carrier and 3PL headquartered in St. Louis, MO offering reliable, consistent, quality capacity. One of The Top 500 For-Hire Carriers in United States, their network consists of nearly 300 tractors, 600 trailers, and 15,000 vetted partner carriers. LTI has strong density and capabilities in the Midwest and select markets in Georgia, Eastern Pennsylvania, Texas, and Colorado. Obsessed with efficiency and delivering on promises, LTI Trucking’s niche strengths are leveraged by many Fortune 500 food manufacturers and retail corporations. Their professional drivers and experienced operations team work diligently to deliver value utilizing technology, proven processes, and resilience.
Key Takeaways: 5 Things Your Carrier Wants
- Brian Gibala is the VP of Sales at LTI Trucking Services, an asset-based truckload carrier and 3PL specializing in temperature-controlled contract service.
- In the podcast interview, Brian and Joe discuss 5 things your carrier wants:
- Carriers want consistent shipments so they can manage their assets. Carriers want shippers who forecast their shipments and then meet those forecasted volumes – within reason because no forecast is perfect.
- A solid shipper/carrier partnership characterized by collaboration, communication, and great relationships.
- Consistent communication cadence (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Load and unload quickly and move to drop & hook if feasible.
- Mutual respect
- LTI’s fleet is based in St. Louis, a central location that enables them to cover the Midwest, East Coast, and South. LTI utilize their logistics division for increasing that coverage.
- The combination of both allows LTI to remain efficient and network-dense, while also covering freight across the nation, wherever it needs to go.
Learn More About 5 Things Your Carrier Wants
LTI Trucking Services on LinkedIn
The Tusk Logistics Story with Ben Emmrich