Ben Emmrich and Joe Lynch discuss the Tusk Logistcis story. Ben is the Co-founder and CEO of Tusk, a small parcel shipping network driving value through lower prices, faster deliveries, and great service.
About Ben Emmrich
Ben Emmrich is the Co-founder and CEO of Tusk. Ben has spent his career at the overlap of small parcel shipping and ecommerce and led operations and strategic partnerships at Google Shopping and Shippo before building Tusk. Having seen the small parcel industry from many angles — as an operator, software provider and start-up — Ben is a firm believer that any small parcel delivery provider’s sole focus should be on making a meaningful, honest impact for its shippers and that volume follows value.
About Tusk Logistics
Tusk puts professional shippers first, unlocking previously unachievable savings and offering peace of mind with reliable technology, easy integrations, and great service. Founded in 2021 by Ben Emmrich and Adam Hipp, Tusk expands the possibility for shippers by connecting them to a national network of regional parcel carriers that offers reliable, predictable service at a significant savings – usually 30-40% lower than UPS or FedEx. Tusk instantly lowers shipping costs with pre-negotiated rates, eliminates “new carrier headache” with easy integrations and offers superior, proactive shipper support.
Key Takeaways: The Tusk Logistics Story
- Ben Emmrich is the Co-founder and CEO of Tusk, a small parcel shipping network driving value through lower prices, faster deliveries, and great service.
- In the podcast interview, Ben and Joe talked about the small parcel market and the founding of Tusk Logistics.
- Small parcel shipping has seen explosive growth due to the rise of ecommerce.
- Most shippers that need to move a lot of ecommerce small parcel shipments, use FedEx, UPS, or USPS because these companies have a nationwide service area, and they do a great job.
- In addition to the dominant players (UPS, FedEx, etc.) there are a lot of regional small parcel carriers who provide a tremendous value, but they don’t have the nationwide service area.
- Tusk Logistics is laser focused on shippers and they have developed a technology/service that gives high volume small parcel shippers the ability to leverage the superior service and cost savings that the regional players provide – without sacrificing the nationwide service area.
- Tusk has connected the leading regional small parcel companies into a network that covers most of the USA (and growing all the time).
- The Tusk technology provides shippers a seamless experience while saving 30-40% on small parcel shipping.
Learn More About The Tusk Logistics Story
Ben on LinkedIn
Tusk Logistics got its name because Ben’s daughters love the song Tusk by Fleetwood Mac
A Modern Approach to EDI with Jonathan Kish
The Logistics of Logistics Podcast
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a positive review, subscribe, and share it with your friends and colleagues.
- The Logistics of Logistics Podcast: Google, Apple, Castbox, Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Tunein, Podbean, Owltail, Libsyn, Overcast
- Check out The Logistics of Logistics on Youtube