About Bob Rich
Bob Rich is the Founder and President of ROAR Logistics, a Buffalo based logistics company that lives up to its name by delivering world-class service by Rail, Ocean, Air or Road (ROAR). Prior to founding ROAR with 3 associates in 2003, Bob held a series of positions with increasing responsibilities at both Rich’s (his family’s business) and other logistics companies. ROAR has enjoyed rapid growth and now has 8 locations within the USA. Bob gives all the credit to the ROAR team and the culture they have created. Bob earned a BS in Environmental Psychology from St. Lawrence University and an MBA from the Richard J. Wehle School of Business, Canisius College. When he is not busy leading the charge at ROAR, Bob is a family man who has diverse interests including acting, music, and volunteering in the Buffalo community.
About ROAR Logistics
Founded in 2003, ROAR Logistics entered the transportation industry as an upstart Intermodal Marketing Company (IMC), approaching an old industry with a fresh, innovative attitude. Pioneering a much-needed transformation in transportation services, Founder & President, Bob Rich III, set out with two associates and a vision to change the logistics landscape – placing shippers at the forefront of its mission to build a “World Class” logistics company. October 2018 marked the beginning of ROAR’s 15th year in business and, today, the company continues to be recognized as a world-class industry leader in domestic truckload & LTL freight brokerage, intermodal marketing services, international freight forwarding, NVOCC and US-licensed customs brokerage services. Headquartered in Buffalo, New York, ROAR continues to grow successfully, with ten operations throughout the United States and a global network of agents providing comprehensive transportation services in over 150 countries worldwide. ROAR prides itself on delivering an extensive portfolio of award-winning transportation and logistics solutions – whether by Rail, Ocean, Air or Road – to a diverse clientele across a broad spectrum of industries.
Key Takeaways: The ROAR Logistics Story
- Bob Rich is the Founder and President of ROAR Logistics, a Buffalo based logistics company that lives up to its name by delivering world-class service by Rail, Ocean, Air or Road (ROAR).
- In the podcast interview, Bob and Joe discuss Bob’s life, career, and his role as the Founder and President of ROAR Logistics.
- Bob comes from a family of successful entrepreneurs and Bob grew up working in the family business.
- Bob started ROAR Logistics in 2003 with Tony Barnes, Beth Grieshober, and Guy Gessner. ROAR’s first load booked was a rail shipment and was handled by Tony Barnes.
- Today ROAR has sales in excess of $315M and 180 associates in 10 offices nationwide.
- Bob believes that ROAR Logistics success is because of the people and the culture.
- Click here to see ROAR’s Philosophy.
Rich’s (Bob’s family business)
Robert Rich III IMDb (Bob is a musician, actor and film producer on the side)