Santosh Sankar and Joe Lynch discuss the Dynamo story. Santosh is a Co-founder & Managing Partner of Dynamo Ventures, a supply chain and mobility investor, focused on pre-seed and seed-stage opportunities, and invests only in enterprise (B2B and on occasion, B2B2C) business models.
About Santosh Sankar
Santosh Sankar is a Co-founder & Managing Partner of Dynamo Ventures. Prior to Dynamo, Santosh spent time on Wall Street both in investment banking and equity research. Santosh started his first company, Razor Studios when he 13 years old that provided IT support to small business in his hometown in Maryland. His most recent business was a bootstrapped financial media publication that he co-founded and sold while in college. He got his first taste of fund management when he oversaw approximately $1M of technology investments through the Great Recession for the Nittany Lion Fund, outperforming his benchmark by 6.37%. Santosh is a lover of the outdoors and serves as Trustee at Reflection Riding Nature Center. He’s also an active Board Member at The Company Lab that promotes entrepreneurship in the greater Chattanooga region. Santosh calls the hills of Chattanooga home along with his wife, two children, and rambunctious golden retrievers, Barley and Rye.
Dynamo Ventures is an industry-focused fund based on our experience, expertise, and network. The team is made up of Ted Alling and Barry Large who previously built Access America Transport, a logistics business that subsequently merged with Coyote Logistics and sold to UPS for $1.8B. Alongside, Jon Bradford and Santosh Sankar who have made 120+ early stage investments over the last decade. Dynamo Ventures is an industry-focused fund specializing in startups in one of two broad areas: supply chain (the movement of goods) or mobility (the movement of people). If a business does not check one of these boxes they are not the right investors for you. Given the background of the fund’s founders, the company will always be slightly more biased towards the supply chain.
Key Takeaways: The Dynamo Story with Santosh Sankar
- Santosh Sankar is a Co-founder & Managing Partner of Dynamo Ventures, a supply chain and mobility investor, focused on pre-seed and seed-stage opportunities, and invests only in enterprise (B2B and on occasion, B2B2C) business models.
- In the podcast interview, Santosh and Joe discuss the Dynamo story, venture capital, and some of Dynamo’s successful investments.
- Dynamo has invested in companies around the world that have the potential to transform supply chain and mobility.
- Click to view the Dynamo Ventures portfolio
- In the podcast interview, Santosh discussed 3 portfolio companies that have become very successful:
- Stord: fulfillment, warehousing, and freight, with the integrated software needed to orchestrate and optimize your entire supply chain.
- LogRock: compliance for trucking companies
- Sennder: Europe’s leading digital road freight forwarder offering shippers access to our connected fleet of thousands of trucks.