Chuck Wallace and Joe Lynch discuss the HDVI story. Chuck is the CEO and Co-founder of High Definition Vehicle Insurance (HDVI), where he leads an experienced team of insurance, technology, and trucking industry experts who deeply understand the challenges of today’s fleets.
About Chuck Wallace
Chuck Wallace is the CEO and Co-founder of HDVI. He has decades of experience in the insurtech, mobility, and freight and logistics markets — and the intersection between these three industries. Prior to founding HDVI, Chuck held senior operating roles in leading consumer financial services and technology companies, including Co-founder of Esurance (acquired by Allstate in 2011); Head of Operations at Automatic Labs (connected car and connected insurance platform company acquired by SiriusXM in 2017); President at uSell.com (eCommerce platform company for sale of used mobile consumer electronics), and was the CEO at Ustream.TV (live video broadcast platform company acquired by IBM in 2016). Chuck started his career as a United States Air Force instructor pilot, first teaching young men and women to fly at undergraduate pilot training in Lubbock Texas, and then flying the C-130 Hercules in Frankfurt, Germany and Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. Chuck is a graduate of the US Air Force Academy. He earned an MBA from the Wharton School, and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
HDVI delivers modern insurance driven by safety, service and savings to small and mid-size trucking fleet operators. It aims to become a partner to fleet business owners by providing next-generation insurance integrated with best-in-class telematics hardware, advanced software and services to help them manage their vehicles and business each day. By incorporating telematics and dash cam data from its customers into its integrated risk management model, HDVI is able to select, price, manage, and retain risk more accurately and efficiently than incumbent commercial auto insurance providers. HDVI is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, with additional offices in Greenville, South Carolina; Austin, Texas; and San Francisco, California. High Definition Vehicle Insurance, Inc. is a licensed property casualty insurance agent with products underwritten by various insurance companies.
HDVI Newsroom with all recent news, including most recent press release: https://hdvi.com/newsroom/
Key Takeaways: The HDVI Story
- Chuck Wallace is the CEO and Co-founder of High Definition Vehicle Insurance (HDVI), where he leads an experienced team of insurance, technology, and trucking industry experts who deeply understand the challenges of today’s fleets.
- In the podcast interview, Joe and Chuck discuss Chuck’s impressive background and the founding of HDVI.
- Chuck is one of the Co-founders of Esurance, which was eventually acquired by Allstate. Chuck and the team at Esurance were one of the first insurance companies to sell policies directly to consumers over the internet, instead of using in-person meetings or phone calls.
- Chuck has also successfully lead a number of companies that have one characteristic in common – disruptive brands that transformed markets by leveraging technology and data. Chuck and his team at HDVI are using the same playbook, using tech to lower costs and deliver a better customer experience.
- HDVI created Shift – the first dynamically priced insurance product that enables fleets to reduce the cost of their monthly premiums within their policy term.
- HDVI’s Shift tool uses a fleet’s own real-time telematics data to charge a fleet the cost of their actual risk. Because HDVI has more precise information, they are able to deliver savings that traditional insurers can’t match. They are also able to provide specific insights that can make a fleet safer – thus reducing their insurance costs.
- HDVI’s fleet portal and dashboards help fleets understand how to improve safety and decrease insurance premiums.