About Matt Soule
Matt Soule is the Co-founder & CEO of Parallel Systems, a company developing autonomous, battery-electric rail vehicles to move more trucking activity to rail. The company is driven by its mission to decarbonize freight by building a cleaner, automated rail future. Parallel will achieve this by enabling railroads to open terminals for less and operate new transportation services alongside traditional freight trains. Matt has extensive experience using advanced technologies to disrupt established industries. Previously, he spent 13 years at SpaceX in various roles including Head of Avionics where he led a department of 300 people in the design and testing of space electronics. Prior to that, he held various engineering roles at Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin. Matt received a Master of Science in electrical engineering from University of Southern California, and a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from Northwestern University.
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is creating autonomous battery-electric rail vehicles to move shipping containers cleaner, faster, safer and more cost effectively. The company’s zero-emissions railcars join together to form “platoons” to reduce energy consumption and can split off to multiple destinations while en route. Parallel’s business model is to give railroads the tools to increase the utilization of today’s rail network and convert some of the $700 billion trucking industry to rail.
Key Takeaways: The Parallel Systems Story
- Matt Soule is the Co-founder & CEO of Parallel Systems, a company developing autonomous, battery-electric rail vehicles to move more trucking activity to rail.
- In the podcast interview, Matt and Joe discuss Parallel System’s exciting mission along with Matt’s entrepreneurial journey. Matt Co-founded Parallel Systems with John Howard and Ben Stabler.
- Parallel Systems is decarbonizing freight by building a cleaner, automated rail future.
- Parallel’s zero-emissions rail vehicles are more flexible than traditional trains, allowing railroads to open new markets, increase infrastructure utilization, and improve service. We enable railroads to convert part of the $700 billion U.S trucking industry to rail.
- Parallel is developing a new patent-pending vehicle architecture to increase utilization of today’s rail network.
- The autonomous battery-electric rail vehicles transport standard shipping containers as a single or double stacked load.
- The vehicles can self-assemble en route as platoons on the nation’s existing rail infrastructure. More flexible than traditional trains, the rail vehicles enable more responsive service and a wider range of routes.
Learn More About The Parallel Systems Story