About Dhruv Saxena
Dhruv Saxena is the CEO and Co-Founder of ShipBob, the leading global Omni fulfillment platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses to provide them access to best-in-class supply chain and fulfillment capabilities. Dhruv came to America (from India) in 2007 to pursue an undergraduate engineering degree. He attended Purdue University for both his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in electrical engineering, and after graduating, worked as a software developer and engineer in Chicago. Dhruv and co-founder Divey Gulati founded ShipBob from their apartment, going to extreme lengths to get the startup off the ground in 2014 – including marathon coding sessions and poaching their first ShipBob customers while they waited in long lines at post offices to ship their packages! Today, ShipBob is valued at over $1 billion (June 2021) and has seen tremendous growth over the past few years.
Key Takeaways: The ShipBob Story
- Dhruv Saxena is the CEO and Co-Founder of ShipBob, a global omni channel fulfillment solution trusted by 7,000+ brands to ship orders everywhere their customers shop.
- In the podcast interview, Dhruv shared his own personal story along with the ShipBob Story.
- Founded in 2014 by Dhruv Saxena and Divey Gulati, ShipBob has become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in America.
- In just a few short years, ShipBob has grown from working out of Dhruv’s apartment to a Chicago headquarters and hundreds of thousands of square feet of warehouse space across the US.
- The ShipBob mission is to provide the best fulfillment services for their customers, so they can focus more on what’s important — growing their business and delivering a remarkable customer experience.
- ShipBob enables their clients to:
- Ship everywhere, from anywhere.
- Seamlessly connect new commerce channels and apps.
- Gain more control and improve accuracy within the warehouses.
- ShipBob has a network of warehouses connected by a common technology that help their clients to determine optimal inventory placement across the network to improve delivery speeds and reduce shipping costs.
- ShipBob offers their customers the ability to scale efficiently by distributing inventory into additional warehouses over time.