Alex Guillen and Joe Lynch discuss tracking medical shipments. Alex is the Director of Sales, Life Science and Pharma Europe at Tive, the leading provider of real-time supply chain visibility insights that help logistics professionals actively manage their in-transit shipments’ location and condition.
About Alex Guillen
Alex Guillen is an established executive with a proven record in global business and market development, with well-rounded experience in multicultural sales management and brand building. Alex has extensive experience and expertise in cold chain; as Director of Sales, Life Science and Pharma at Tive, Alex leads sales and business development within the company’s rapid-growth Life Science division. Previously, Guillen served as a Board Member and leader of Corporate Strategy at SWITRACE S.A, a developer of temperature and humidity data loggers compliant to the Pharma and Biotech industries. Alex’s extensive experience also includes serving as Global Cold Chain Director of Fisher Clinical Services, CEO of Escort Cold Chain Solutions SA, and Director for Commercial Operations for Novartis Vaccines.
Tive is a leading provider of real-time supply chain visibility insights that help logistics professionals actively manage their in-transit shipments’ location and condition. With Tive, shippers and logistics service providers (LSP) eliminate preventable delays, damage, and shipment failures. Tive‘s solution provides data generated by its industry-leading trackers allowing clients to actively optimize their shipments, improve their customers’ experience, and unlock supply chain insights in an actionable real-time manner.
Key Takeaways: Tracking Medical Shipments
- Alex Guillen is the Director of Sales, Life Science and Pharma Europe for Tive, which provides in-transit visibility solutions that help shipping and logistics professionals manage their shipments and eliminate preventable delays and damage.
- In the podcast interview, Joe and Alex discuss the critical importance of tracking medical shipments, including:
- Commercial pharmaceuticals
- Clinical pharmaceuticals
- Medical cold chain
- Organ transplants
- The bar is higher for medical and pharmaceutical shipments because a shipment that is late or out of temperature range could cause loss of life.
- The Tive Tracker is about the size of a deck of cards and it captures and transmits shipment data in real time with unprecedented accuracy.
- The Tracker provide real time alerts that enable shippers and their 3PL partners to respond and recover the shipment in the case of temperature breech, tampering, shock, damage, theft, and a variety of other factors.
- Tive enables shippers and their carrier partners to move from reactive to proactive, which is so important when transporting medical/pharma shipments.
- Tive provides flexible, scalable solutions bringing end-to-end visibility to supply chain professionals.
- In additional to medical and pharma, Tive provides solutions for the following supply chain problem areas:
- Location Tracking for High-Value Goods
- Chemicals Condition Monitoring
- Handling Damage Monitoring
- Damage Alerts for Electronics Shipments
- Port Delays
- Environmental Monitoring for Perishables
- Equipment Delivery Monitoring
- Automotive Supply Chain Optimization
Learn More About Tracking Medical Shipments
The Tive Story with Krenar Komoni
Every Shipment Matters with Jim Waters – YouTube
Tive Solo 5G Pharma Non-Lithium Tracker