3PL Sales Will Never Be the Same with Ryan Mann
About Ryan Mann
Ryan Mann is the Director of Marketing at Lean Solutions Group. Ryan studied at Texas Tech University, earning a degree in General Studies, and has 3 minors in Psychology, Sociology, and Human Resources Development. A great strategist and experienced marketer that has worked in agencies, freelance, and business marketing. He is driven by using marketing to connect people with their goals, and helping businesses grow. His biggest motivation is his family and turning amazing ideas into reality for businesses. With passion and hard work has led each member of his team, promoting their best qualities, building team confidence, and amazing team collaboration. Ryan is a fervent writer, he delights in blogs, essays, short stories, songs, and Haiku.
About Lean Solutions Group
Lean Solutions Group provides operational, sales, marketing, and technology support to over 120 leading 3PLs. To succeed in the transportation and logistics business, 3PLs need to be able to hire and retain the very best talent, while keeping a lid on costs. Since the competition for the best talent is fierce companies need an edge that will help them win. Lean Staffing Solutions is that edge. Lean provides a turnkey solution to staffing challenges using a proven process that will improve profits while reducing employee costs. Lean can deliver on this promise because they are the pioneers in helping U.S.-based companies set up satellite offices in Colombia. Since 2014, Lean has worked with over 100 satisfied U.S.-based transportation and logistics providers. Lean ensures that your satellite office in Colombia is staffed with highly educated, English-speaking professionals trained in your company’s processes and systems. The Lean approach is a low cost, low risk, low hassle, and they manage the entire process with their account managers. Lean Staffing Solutions offers a suite of product offerings from traditional staffing to technology, sales, and marketing services.
Key Takeaways: 3PL Sales Will Never Be the Same
- 3PL sales will never be the same because of the following reasons:
- The growth of video usage among sales and marketing people has truly changed the market.
- Video content views online are growing fast and businesses are using video to engage with customers on LinkedIn, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Tik Tok, Instagram, etc..
- Zoom has enabled salespeople to have face-to-face meetings with their clients and prospects without traveling, which saves valuable time and money.
- The use of Zoom has exploded during COVID.
- Zoom can also be used to conduct webinars and create videos.
- Growth of SDR / BDR
- SDR is an abbreviation for sales development representative and BDR is an abbreviation for business development representative, but they are the same job – finding new sales leads via phone, email, and social media.
- A BDR is a dedicated resource for finding new sales opportunities.
- By having a dedicated person on prospecting, companies can better develop the sales process and limit multi-tasking.
- Integration of the sales and marketing functions
- Traditionally, salespeople communicate one-to-one, while the marketing team communicate one-to-many.
- The lines between sales and marketing have blurred. Salespeople are creating content and utilizing one-to-many technologies like social media and video.
- Marketing teams are engaging more with sales and operations people to create better content.
- Remote and Outsourced Headcount
- Outsourced headcount to nearshore locations like Columbia is making logistics companies more profitable and more competitive.
- Many logistics companies have outsourced functions like back-office, tracking & tracking, sales, marketing, and technology to outsourcing companies that are able to provide a quality service at a reduced cost.