About Jeff Dangelo
Jeff Dangelo is the Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Impact Officer of Fura, a technology company that is building the future of logistics. Prior to joining Fura, Jeff co-founded Turvo, the world’s only collaborative logistics software platform. Earlier in his career Jeff was the VP of sales and first employee at MegaCorp Logistics, a billion-dollar freight brokerage. Prior to MegaCorp, Jeff was the 25th employee and served a variety of sales leadership roles at TQL, the second largest freight brokerage in the US. Jeff also advises for and invests in startups in the supply chain/logistics technology sector. Jeff is a graduate of Miami University (Oxford, OH), with a degree in Marketing and Operations.
Backed by next-generation technology and a dedicated team of industry experts, Fura is not just another logistics company. It’s a platform and service that empowers shippers and carriers of all sizes to take control of their freight and deliver on their goals. Fura is a logistics service provider that implements a fundamentally new vision of how freight is moved – empowered with digital technology. The Fura believe in creating seamless, flexible, and transparent supply chains as a result of combining technology, expertise, and a collaborative infrastructure.
Key Takeaways: Creating the Future of Logistics
- Jeff Dangelo is the Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Impact Officer of Fura, a technology company that is building the future of logistics.
- In the podcast interview Joe and Jeff discuss how Fura is creating the future of logistics by creating seamless, flexible, and transparent supply chains powered by technology, operational expertise, and a tech-centric perspective.
- Fura is seeking freight brokerage businesses that want to transform, scale faster, and go digital.
- Once acquired, growth is achieved by:
- Carrier consolidation
- Superior processes
- Better service
- Fura is a team of talented and energetic professionals who are experts in data analytics, supply chain, software engineering, and finance.
- The Fura team has built leading players in the freight brokerage space and worked with top global companies like Amazon, Google, Uber, Ernst and Young, TQL, Turvo and Deloitte.
- They are well equipped to acquire and scale freight brokerage businesses.
- When sellers approach Fura, they mention various reasons for selling their business now.
- Some are looking to make a change in their life after spending so much time in freight, e.g. vacation, new venture, retirement.
- Other sellers exit because of limited growth potential of the current business – need to scale working capital, train new employees, or face increased competition.
- Some are looking to take advantage of the current high demand for acquisitions. Interest in freight brokerage M&A from Private Equity will not last forever as the economy is entering a new cycle.
- Carriers love working with Fura because they have upfront pricing, instant booking, fast payments, and concierge level support. In short, Fura helps them scale their business.
- Fura delivers next generation value to shippers using technology and expertise to provide full visibility, collaboration, transparent pricing, actionable insights, and optimization strategies.