Cutting Out the Middleman with Mike Nervick
Mike Nervick and Joe Lynch discuss cutting out the middleman. Mike is the CEO of Sleek Technologies which is impacting the transportation industry by providing smart solutions that simplify logistics.
About Mike Nervick
Michael Nervick is the CEO and founder of Sleek Technologies which is impacting the transportation industry by providing smart solutions that simplify logistics. He learned the business as a successful carrier sales rep at American Backhaulers (ABH), later acquired by C.H. Robinson. In 2003, Mike founded his own successful freight brokerage, Advantage Freight Network (AFN), growing it to over $170M. Mike then founded Sleek Fleet in 2017, which is now Sleek Technologies. As a broker insider, Mike saw first-hand how antiquated the freight procurement process was for manufacturers, retailers and distributors. Therefore, Sleek Technologies developed technology, powered by AI, to optimize the freight procurement process resulting in truckload savings, industry-best OTD, and actionable rate data for large shippers. Mike graduated from University of Wisconsin with a degree in Political Science and has a master’s degree in Business from University of Chicago.
About Sleek Technologies
Sleek Technologies is a leading freight procurement innovator that delivers technology that disrupts freight brokerage by advancing the shipper/carrier relationship increasing efficiency & profitability for both.
Key Takeaways: Cutting Out the Middleman
- Mike Nervick is the CEO and Founder of Sleek Technologies, a tech-enabled software that enables shippers and carriers to work together without a middleman (brokers, 3PLs, etc.).
- When shippers connect directly to carriers using Sleek Technology, they gain open direct access to 75K+ compliant, out-of-network, asset-based carriers.
- Going directly to the carriers also help shippers save an average of 12% on their freight spend.
- Also, when shippers engage directly with the carriers using Sleek they gain access to their shipping data and insights into the freight market that they might not get if they had a broker.
- Shippers who cut out the broker/3PL also gain carrier relationships that can lead to reduced costs and higher service performance.
- Lastly, shippers who cut out the middleman and engage directly with the carriers gain additional insights and control over their shipping.