Digitizing Check Calls with Trey Griggs and Ryan Rogers
Trey Griggs, Ryan Rogers and Joe Lynch discuss digitizing check calls. Trey is a Brand Ambassador at Lean Solutions Group, a nearshore service provider that delivers high-quality business solutions in staffing, tech, marketing, and sales for U.S.-based companies, and Ryan, the Founder and CEO of freight tech firm, TextLocate which provides a freight location tracking and communication solution for brokers and partner carriers.
About Trey Griggs
Trey Griggs is a Brand Ambassador at Lean Solutions Group and the Founder and CEO of BETA Consulting Group (BCG). Prior to founding BCG, Trey was the Vice President of Sales at Lean Solutions Group. After graduating from William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri, Trey began his career as a high school physics teacher and coach. In 2010, he transitioned to a career in sales, cutting his teeth in door-to-door office supply sales for 15 months before accepting an opportunity with a leading technology and data provider in the transportation industry. During the past nine years Trey has gained experience in several sectors within technology, including load boards, rate analytics, TMS systems, visibility solutions, digital freight-matching platforms, and Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Trey enjoys coaching teams to be great, as well as speaking on sales and marketing strategies, leadership, organizational structure, and technology. When he is not building world-class sales organizations, you can find Trey spending time with his family, traveling, renovating his home, playing golf, working out, reading & playing music.
About Ryan Rogers
Ryan Rogers is the Founder and CEO of logistics tech startup TextLocate. TextLocate bridges the gap between truck drivers and logistics professionals by creating a simple way to locate freight through a proprietary text message platform that has taken the logistics industry by storm. Prior to founding TextLocate, Ryan’s extensive experience dates back over 20+ years and includes stints with Amazon as well as both Covenant Logistics and U.S. Xpress–two top trucking firms headquartered in Chattanooga. At Covenant, Ryan had direct responsibility for technology, continuous improvement, mergers and acquisitions, innovation and strategic planning across the Covenant enterprise. His experience at U.S. Xpress included time spent as corporate treasurer and Chief Operating Officer at the company’s logistics division during a time of extensive growth in revenue. He also served as a transportation executive at Amazon.com, leading procurement and carrier development at a time when e-commerce – led by companies like Amazon — turned heads around the transportation and logistics industry with increasing sales and demand for capacity. He currently serves as a mentor at Chattanooga-based transportation and logistics incubator Dynamo and is a member of the Chattanooga Technology Council. Ryan holds an MBA and undergraduate degree from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, where he and his wife, Nicole, have chosen to make their home in the ‘gig city’ with their children, Kate and Jack.
About Lean Solutions Group
Lean Solutions Group (LSG) is a nearshore and offshore service provider that focuses on expanding and enhancing its client businesses. LSG’s broad offering ranges from staffing to technology, marketing, sales, and BPO services. To succeed in the transportation and logistics business, 3PLs need to be able to hire and retain the very best talent while keeping a lid on costs. Since the competition for the best talent is fierce, companies need an edge that will help them win; LSG is that edge. LSG helps its clients set up and establish satellite offices in beautiful countries like Colombia, Guatemala, and the Philippines. LSG’s team consists of qualified bilingual professionals eager to take on new challenges and become a part of your company. Since 2014, Lean has worked with over 500 satisfied U.S.-based transportation and logistics providers. Lean ensures that your satellite office is staffed with highly educated, English-speaking professionals trained in your company’s processes and systems. The Lean approach is a low cost, low risk, low hassle, and they handle the entire process with their account managers.
TextLocate is headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and was founded in 2021 by logistics technology executive Ryan Rogers as the solution to freight location tracking and communication for brokers and partner carriers. Rogers, a Chattanooga native, has formerly held executive positions with Amazon.com and Chattanooga transportation companies U.S. Xpress and Covenant Logistics.
Key Takeaways: Digitizing Check Calls
- Trey Griggs is a Brand Ambassador at Lean Solutions Group, a nearshore service provider that delivers high-quality business solutions in staffing, tech, marketing, and sales for U.S.-based companies.
- Ryan Rogers is the Founder and CEO of freight tech firm, TextLocate which provides a freight location tracking and communication solution for brokers and partner carriers.
- In the video interview, Joe, Trey, and Ryan discuss digitizing check calls and the partnership between Lean Solutions Group and TextLocate.
- Check calls are calls made by shippers, carriers, and brokers to check in with the driver or dispatcher to understand the status and location of the truck and shipment.
- In the past check calls were made by phone, but increasingly “check calls” are made electronically using tracking tech inside of ELDs, physical trackers, and mobile phone apps.
- Some carriers prefer not to activate electronic tracking technology, and this is the market that TextLocate serves.
- With TextLocate, users request a one-time location update as a text message sent to the driver. The message includes company name and unique load ID.
- All the driver must do is click the hyperlink within the text and approve the one-time location update. The response updates TextLocate dashboard with the driver’s current city, state, and zip code. The process is convenient for the operations team to request and simple for the driver to respond without a phone call interruption.
- TextLocate offers an easy to implement, simple to use process for communicating with drivers. The process is safe, convenient, cost effective, and uses texting technology so there is no training and no learning curve.
- Lean Solutions Group is a nearshore service provider that provide back-office, operations, customer support, and technology services to over 500 logistics companies – and they are experts in check calls.
- LSG and TextLocate partnership announcement: Lean Solutions Group is excited to announce its strategic partnership with TextLocate, a company that specializes in simplifying location visibility and communication, making the process more straightforward, accurate, and less invasive for truck drivers.