Frictionless Logistics: It’s the Collaboration, Stupid with Ketan Karkhanis
About Ketan Karkhanis
Ketan Karkhanis is the Chief Product Officer at Turvo, the first real-time collaborative logistics platform that uses artificial intelligence to perfect the science of movement. Prior to joining Turvo, Ketan worked at Salesforce for ten years where he held a series of senior management positions. While at Salesforce, Ketan led the development and launch of analytics and cloud products. Before joining Salesforce, Ketan spent nine years at Cisco in various roles including IT, product management, and consulting. Ketan holds a B.S. in Computer Science from Pune Institute of Computer Technology (India) and an MBA from Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University.
Turvo is the world’s first multi-enterprise collaborative platform specifically designed for the global supply chain. The Turvo platform connects people and organizations across the supply chain, allowing shippers, logistics providers, and carriers to digitally transform their workflows with cloud-based software and mobile applications. The technology unifies all systems, internal and external, providing one end-to-end system of record set for all operations and analytics while eliminating redundant manual tasks and automating business processes. Turvo is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Dallas, Texas, and Hyderabad, India.
Key Takeaways – Frictionless Logistics: It’s the Collaboration, Stupid
- Ketan and the Turvo team have taken a fresh look at the way freight moves and the people involved in each shipment. Some observations:
- Logistics is a team sport and the team can’t function at a high level without collaboration. Many existing TMS are built with a system view, not a customer view. The system view created point solutions and the need for time-consuming, costly system integrations.
- Technology stacks, legacy systems and a focus on individual silos result in a poor customer experience
- The goal of collaboration should be connecting people and systems to move things effectively and efficiently.
- Turvo has designed their platform to enable shippers, carriers, 3PL, and any other stakeholders to collaborate around one true record.
- Turvo’s goal is to create one seamless experience that includes visibility, collaboration, and execution all in one place. The experience is elegant, intuitive, and in-context to the work that needs to be done.
- Frictionless logistics means doing the basics incredibly well. To reduce the friction and hassle, Turvo puts the visibility, collaboration, and execution all in one place
- Turvo’s goal is to create an elevated customer experience that includes these key functions in one place:
- System of records (one truth of the transaction)
- Systems of engagement (communication and collaboration)
- System of intelligence (AI, analytics, etc.)