Joe is joined by Mike Temple, Executive Coach at TranStrategy Partners. Initially, Mike was Joe’s client, but over time they became great friends. They have collaborated on numerous articles, webinars, and research. Mike earned a degree in Business Administration from Utah State. In the podcast interview, Mike explains what happens when companies lose their purpose and what they can do to get it back.
Podcast Show Notes:
- 00:13 – Joe introduces Mike to the show.
- 02:18 – Mike tells us how he got into coaching.
- Moving from the financial investment field into coaching.
- 04:38 – Why companies hire executive coaches.
- 05:35 – “Lose your why, lose your way.”
- Organizations not knowing why they do what they do.
- 08:54 – Being purpose driven vs. personality driven.
- The two types of leaders.
- Steve Jobs and Apple as an example of a purpose driven organization.
- 12:41 – Business results correlating with culture and strategy.
- Issues with people being driven only by financials.
- Advantages of being purpose driven.
- More examples of purpose driven organizations.
- 15:36 –A specific example of purpose in the logistics industry.
- Evolution of purpose within an organization.
- What a purpose really is.
- 22:30 – What happens to a company if they lose their why.
- Assessments that Mike administers.
- The process of discovering a purpose.
- The changing of culture within an organization.
- 27:41 – Mike’s closing summary about how companies can find their why.
- The services that Mike provides.
- For more details, check us out at TheLogisticsOfLogistics.com or follow Joe on LinkedIn
- Being purpose driven will be much more fruitful than being personality driven.
- If the leader isn’t growing, the company won’t.