The CPG Supply Chain with Mike Neme
About Mike Neme
Mike Neme is a Franchise/Agent owner with Globaltranz and VP of Supply Chain Solutions at Hook Logistics, where he can give our customers a one-stop-shop for all and everything supply chain/ops and tech. Head down—all gas. No brakes are Mike’s motto, whether it is in his personal life or professional life. Mike has been in the industry for eight years and has worked for some top asset and non-asset-based 3PLs, allowing him to see how both asset and brokerage works. In a traditionally transactional sales industry, he has never sold a transactional deal. He’s always looked at customers’ business as the way he would look at his own. Let’s set this up for the long game and make strategic decisions like playing chess, not checkers. Mike’s goal is to enhance efficiencies and increase customer profitability Year-over-year. Mike earned a Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations and Communications from Central Michigan University.
About Hook Logistics
Hook Logistics is a 3rd Party logistics (3PL) firm that provides quality fulfillment services at transparent, fair rates. Hook Logistics utilizes a simple and intuitive platform to manage past orders, check inventory, and monitor/change current orders. Hook integrates with all the leading ecommerce platforms. Hook has fulfillment facilities in Ridgefield, NJ, and will announce the opening of a West Coast facility soon.
GlobalTranz is a technology-driven freight brokerage company specializing in LTL, full truckload, expedited, and managed transportation solutions. GlobalTranz is leading the market in innovative logistics technology that optimizes the efficiency of freight movement and matches shipper demand and carrier capacity in near real-time. Leveraging its extensive freight agent network, GlobalTranz has emerged as a fast-growing market leader with a customer base of over 25,000 shippers. GlobalTranz was recently recognized as the 8th largest Brokerage Company in Transport Topics’ Top Freight Brokerage Firms of 2019.
Key Takeaways: The CPG Supply Chain
- CPG is an abbreviation for consumer-packaged goods, which is an industry term for merchandise that customers use up and replace on a frequent basis. Examples of consumer-packaged goods include food, beverages, cosmetics, and cleaning products.
- Mike Neme’s niche is emerging package goods (CPG) companies with sales between $20 million and $500 million dollars.
- In the podcast interview, Mike shared his approach to working with emerging CPG companies.
- Mike’s approach:
- Pick a niche and become an expert in that market segment.
- Engage as a consultant, not someone who just sells logistics services.
- Develop a customized solution that includes technology, people, processes, and any other resources required for the client to be successful.
- Analyze shipments to understand the total cost to serve by each product line, customer, and location.