About Mark Ang
Mark Ang co-founded GoBolt (formerly Bolt Logistics) out of the University of Toronto, where he obtained his Bachelor of Commerce. He was also selected to participate in the Creative Destruction Lab as part of the MBA program, an incubator/accelerator focused on scaling disruptive businesses. Prior to founding GoBolt, Mark worked in various roles spanning investment banking, assurance, and management consulting.
Founded in 2017, GoBolt (formerly Bolt Logistics) is a technology company building the first sustainable and first-party supply chain network that partners with merchants to deliver a complete end-to-end customer experience. By operating as an extension of each merchant’s team, GoBolt provides reliable fulfillment, last mile delivery, and reverse logistics services. With a growing network of warehouses across North America and a suite of proprietary apps designed and supported by an in-house engineering team, GoBolt unlocks enhanced transparency and control for merchants. The company’s focus on customer-centricity is further driven by a deep commitment to sustainability. GoBolt’s investment in its electric vehicle fleet is a testament to the company’s mission to be carbon negative by the end of 2023. For more information, visit gobolt.com
Key Takeaways: The GoBolt Story
- Mark Ang is the Co-founder and CEO of GoBolt, a tech-enabled, sustainably-focused logistics provider for local ecommerce shops and national brands.
- In the podcast interview, Joe and Mark discuss Mark’s entrepreneurial journey and the founding of GoBolt.
- GoBolt (formerly Bolt Logistics) is a technology company building the first sustainable and first-party supply chain network that partners with merchants to deliver a complete end-to-end customer experience.
- GoBolt provide a technology-driven, customer-centric and sustainable approach to fulfillment, including reliable warehousing, pick and pack, shipping, and last-mile delivery.
- By operating as an extension of their customer’s team, GoBolt deliver best-in-class services every step of the way, ensuring faster, more cost-effective, and complete customer deliveries.
- GoBolt currently has locations in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, and Vancouver, New York, Miami, Houston, and Los Angeles.
- GoBolt will soon open locations in Dallas, Austin, and Atlanta.
- Sustainability is a core value at GoBolt and they will be carbon negative by December 2023. The GoBolt team is building a fully electric fleet, offsetting their carbon footprint, and optimizing operations for a circular supply chain.