The New Retail Paradigm with Ali Raza
About Ali Raza
Ali Raza is the Founder and CEO of Throughput, Inc., an AI-Powered software to help companies run leaner, faster, smoother, and safer operations out of the box. Ali comes from a deep academic and real-world industrial operations in process simulations and operations management. He has managed onshore/offshore/war zone logistics as well as batch, continuous, and discrete manufacturing setups. At Schlumberger, he became one of the youngest Geomarket Production Services, pioneering 3 projects and serving 50+ industrial clients. His production teams were responsible for billions of dollars of hydrocarbon output to the global economy. Ali joined his first tech startup while still an undergraduate student at the University of Pennsylvania. Since then, he has been eliminating one global bottleneck after another, with his current focus on optimizing supply chains that extend to Mars.
About ThroughPut, Inc.
ThroughPut Inc. is the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Supply Chain pioneer that enables companies to optimize their Operations by leveraging their existing Data Systems to increase Output, Quality and Profitability across their entire enterprise. ThroughPut’s AI software, ELI, includes the only Bottleneck Management System (BMS) that utilizes existing enterprise data systems, such as ERP, MES, IMS, TMS, WMS, PLC, EAM, POS, CRM, SCADA, Historian, and other data systems, to solve for the $25 Trillion of annual Waste across global supply chains already today. Such constraints to the $90 Trillion global Economy could otherwise be dedicated to more productive, useful and sustainable purposes for the benefit of all stakeholders and communities. ThroughPut’s AI software is designed by Fortune 500 Supply Chain & Logistics leaders, Silicon Valley AI and Analytics pioneers, and top global Operations Experts in the areas of the Theory of Constraints, Lean Manufacturing, Supply Chain Automation, Total Quality Management, and over four-dozen other leading best practices now digitized as part of the ELI software, with hundreds of years of hands-on experience in the space.
Key Takeaways: The New Retail Paradigm
- Ali Raza is the Founder and CEO of Throughput, where he and his team help companies realize greater output and free cash flow.
- In the podcast interview, Ali describes the challenges that are making retail success even more difficult than in the past.
- Prior to COVID, consumers buying behavior was changing. Increasingly, consumer demand was moving from traditional retail to ecommerce. The pandemic greatly accelerated the trend to online sales, which means retailers must manage consumer demand through additional channels.
- Because of the unprecedented events related to COVID, retailers and consumer packaged goods (CPG) manufacturers are in a VUCA environment. VUCA stands for volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity.
- In addition, on-time and in-full (OTIF) key performance indicators are changing the way that retailers evaluate their CPG partners.
- Some large retailers are even reducing their SKU counts and number of CPG suppliers based on OTIF performance.
- These challenges make traditional sales and operations planning almost impossible.
- With Throughput, retailers and CPGs have a tool that will enable them to better predict demand and then reorient their supply chains accordingly.
- Throughput provides retailers and CPGs artificial intelligence (AI) powered supply chain intelligence that will help them gain end to end visibility and make better decisions.
- In today’s competitive retail environment, the difference between failure and success will come down to who makes better decisions related to sales and operations planning.