Putting Supply Chains on Autopilot with Ali Raza
Ali Raza and Joe Lynch discuss putting supply chains on autopilot. Ali is a theory of constraints (TOC) practitioner who founded a company to help supply chains to improve throughput.
About Ali Raza
Ali Raza is the Founder and CEO of Throughput, Inc., an AI-Powered software to help companies run leaner, faster, smoother, and safer operations out of the box. Ali comes from a deep academic and real-world industrial operations in process simulations and operations management. He has managed onshore/offshore/war zone logistics as well as batch, continuous, and discrete manufacturing setups. At Schlumberger, he became one of the youngest Geomarket Production Services, pioneering 3 projects and serving 50+ industrial clients. His production teams were responsible for billions of dollars of hydrocarbon output to the global economy. Ali joined his first tech startup while still an undergraduate student at the University of Pennsylvania. Since then, he has been eliminating one global bottleneck after another, with his current focus on optimizing supply chains that extend to Mars.
About ThroughPut, Inc.
ThroughPut Inc. is the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Supply Chain pioneer that enables companies to optimize their Operations by leveraging their existing Data Systems to increase Output, Quality and Profitability across their entire enterprise. ThroughPut’s AI software, ELI, includes the only Bottleneck Management System (BMS) that utilizes existing enterprise data systems, such as ERP, MES, IMS, TMS, WMS, PLC, EAM, POS, CRM, SCADA, Historian, and other data systems, to solve for the $25 Trillion of annual Waste across global supply chains already today. Such constraints to the $90 Trillion global Economy could otherwise be dedicated to more productive, useful and sustainable purposes for the benefit of all stakeholders and communities. ThroughPut’s AI software is designed by Fortune 500 Supply Chain & Logistics leaders, Silicon Valley AI and Analytics pioneers, and top global Operations Experts in the areas of the Theory of Constraints, Lean Manufacturing, Supply Chain Automation, Total Quality Management, and over four-dozen other leading best practices now digitized as part of the ELI software, with hundreds of years of hands-on experience in the space.
Key Takeaways: Putting Supply Chains on Autopilot
- In the podcast, Ali provides an overview of throughput, theory of constraints, and Eliyahu Goldratt.
- Throughput is the amount of material or items passing through a system or process. Throughput can be calculated as Inventory = Rate multiplied by Time, where “rate” is the throughput.
- Ali and other followers of the theory of constraints believe that throughput is more like a way of life as opposed to a simple metric.
- The theory of constraints (TOC) is a management philosophy that views any manageable system as being limited in achieving more of its goals by a very small number of constraints. There is always at least one constraint, and TOC uses a process to identify the constraint and restructure the rest of the organization around it.
- Eliyahu Goldratt was an Israeli physicist turned management guru. Dr. Goldratt is best known as the father of the Theory of Constraints (TOC), a process of ongoing improvement that continuously identifies and leverages a system’s constraints to achieve its goals. He introduced TOC’s underlying concepts in his business novel, The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement, which has been recognized as one of the best-selling business books of all time.
- At ThroughPut.ai they have a world class team of industrial experts from the fields of operational excellence, artificial intelligence, supply chain, manufacturing, distribution, industrial automation, and finance with the goal of making and moving thing more efficiently. Their approach reduces the time from order to cash and produces in increased free-cash-flow.
- ai uses AI to help decision-makers identify and eliminate process, and supply chain bottlenecks. This AI driven approach enables companies to put their supply chains on auto-pilot – an optimized system that yield high throughput and cash-flow.
Learn More About Putting Supply Chains on Autopilot
Throughput Economics: Making Good Management Decisions
Overcoming Supply Chain Disruptions with Shanna Greathouse and Tony Nichols