The REFASHIOND Ventures Story with Brian Aoaeh
Brian Aoaeh and Joe Lynch discuss the REFASHIOND Ventures story. Brian is the a Cofounder and General Partner of REFASHIOND Ventures, an emerging venture capital fund manager that invests in early stage supply chain technology.
About Brian Aoaeh
Brian Aoaeh is a Cofounder and General Partner of REFASHIOND Ventures, an emerging venture capital fund manager that invests in early stage supply chain technology. Prior to REFASHIOND, Brian acquired 10 years of experience in investment research and management, with 8 of those years spent building KEC Ventures from scratch. KEC Ventures is an early-stage technology venture capital firm with $98M of AUM across 2 funds, and 51 investments. Before KEC Ventures he joined KEC Holdings – a single family office, as the first member of its investing team. He joined KEC Holdings after serving as the statistical research and strategy analyst in Global Diversity and Inclusion at Lehman Brothers in New York, NY. Before his tenure at Lehman, he worked at UBS AG in Stamford, CT as the statistical research analyst in Group Diversity. Prior to UBS, he was a pension actuarial analyst at Watson Wyatt Worldwide (now Willis Towers Watson). He was a junior auditor at Issifu Ali & Co. Chartered Accountants, in Accra, Ghana between completing his secondary school education and commencing undergraduate study in the United States in 1997. Brian holds a BA with a double major in Mathematics and Physics from Connecticut College in New London, CT. During his undergraduate study he spent three years as a research assistant in the Tunable Diode Laser Spectroscopy Laboratory at the Connecticut College Physics Department – including multiple collaborative investigations at NASA Langley Research Center; He is a co-author of five articles that have been published in refereed journals. He earned an MBA, with a specialization in Financial Instruments and Markets, from the Leonard N. Stern School of Business at New York University in New York, NY. He is a CFA Institute charter holder. He is also an adjunct professor of supply chain and operations management in the Department of Technology Management and
Key Takeaways: The Refashiond Ventures
- Brian Laung Aoaeh is the a Cofounder and General Partner of REFASHIOND Ventures, an emerging venture capital fund manager that invests in early stage supply chain technology.
- In the podcast interview, Brian describes his entrepreneurial journey and his own personal story as an immigrant to the USA.
- Refashiond champions companies refashioning supply chains.
- Refashiond Ventures is raising an early stage supply chain technology fund, sourcing deals from The Worldwide Supply Chain Federation’s network of 33,000+ innovators, whilst leveraging their operating experience, and strong engagements with corporate limited partners as both investors and market-validating customers of their portfolio companies.
- The Refashioned team believes that supply chains are being refashioned for the following reasons:
- Unprecedented convergence is occurring due to digitization.
- Global trade and consumption are increasing.