Visibility 2.0: Accelerating the Customer Experience with Ron Richardson
Ron Richardson and Joe Lynch discuss Visibility 2.0: accelerating the customer experience. Ron is the Chief Revenue Officer at Turvo Inc., the world’s first multi-enterprise collaborative platform specifically designed for the global supply chain.
About Ron Richardson
Ron Richardson is the Chief Revenue Officer at Turvo, a technology company that empowers shippers, carriers, LSPs, and brokers with a streamlined, connected approach to supply chain management. Turvo connects the global supply chain with cloud-based software and mobile applications. Turvo enables users to see everything, from every system, person and organization they do business with in one place.Ron Richardson is a technology pioneer and industry leader in logistics and transportation. He has worked with 100’s of Fortune 2,000 shippers, retailers, and 3PL’s in reaping the benefits of real-time visibility, predictive analytics, and global control tower capabilities. Prior to Turvo, Ron played a pivotal role in FourKites’ mercurial rise. Ron’s sales leadership spans more than 20 years at firms such as Infor, Microsoft, and OpenText. Ron holds a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University and master’s degree from Eastern Michigan University and regularly speaks at premier supply chain universities, such as the University of Arkansas Sam M. Walton Supply Chain College.
Turvo is the world’s first multi-enterprise collaborative platform specifically designed for the global supply chain. The Turvo platform connects people and organizations across the supply chain, allowing shippers, logistics providers, and carriers to digitally transform their workflows with cloud-based software and mobile applications. The technology unifies all systems, internal and external, providing one end-to-end system of record set for all operations and analytics while eliminating redundant manual tasks and automating business processes. Turvo is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Dallas, Texas, and Hyderabad, India.
Key Takeaways: Visibility 2.0: Accelerating the Customer Experience
- Ron Richardson is the Chief Revenue Officer at Turvo. Turvo connects the global supply chain with cloud-based software and mobile applications. Turvo enables users to see everything, from every system, person and organization they do business with in one place.
- In the podcast interview, Ron and Joe discuss visibility 2.0 and how it is accelerating the customer experience.
- Truck and shipment visibility has made great strides in the past decade. Visibility became much easier and more accurate with the widespread use of transportation management systems (TMS) and connectivity.
- Next, technology firms developed apps that were downloaded on to the truck driver’s phone. The phone apps were improvement, however, it was limited because not every driver wanted to download the app.
- When electronic logging devices became mandatory in trucks, freight tech firms added tracking technology which has led to the latest advances in visibility.
- However, visibility alone isn’t enough. Supply chain practitioners need end-to-end visibility along with the ability to collaborate with their partners – and this requires a modern TMS like Turvo that was built for real-time communication and collaboration.
- The customer experience is increasingly dependent on a technology platform so next generation TMS providers like Turvo have developed systems and applications that are easy-to-use and intuitive.
- Shippers and supply chain professionals, especially younger people have high expectations for freight technology because they are using consumer technology (Facebook, Amazon, DoorDash, Lyft, etc.). in their personal lives. Clunky, outdated interfaces, and extra steps just won’t cut it.
- Freight technology is growing rapidly and to keep pace, transportation management systems must be able to quickly and easily integrate to other systems. Turvo’s partner first philosophy means their technology was developed to seamlessly connect and interact with lots of great freight tech companies.
- Turvo works to empower shippers, carriers, LSPs, and brokers with a completely streamlined, connected approach to supply chain management, all in one platform.