Where Business is Done with Thibault Serlet
Thibault Serlet and Joe Lynch discuss where business is done. Thibault is the Co-Founder and Chief Researcher at Adrianople Group, a research and advisory firm focused on educating the world about Special Economic Zones (SEZs).
About Thibault Serlet
Thibault Serletis Co-Founder and Chief Researcher at Adrianople Group, where he assisted in building the recently launched Open Zone Map, the world’s largest and most extensive dataset on Special Economic Zones (SEZs). He is an expert on Special Economic Zones (SEZs), and is the Founder of Startup Societies Foundation, a Utah based non-profit think tank that studies Special Economic Zones (SEZs) and publishes an academic journal. He is on the board of advisors of the Center for Innovative Governance Research, and has worked at several startups in the cybersecurity, hardware, and blockchain fields. In addition to Special Economic Zones (SEZs) Thibault studies the history of banking, medieval history, and charter cities, and is a black belt in Kempo Karate.
About The Adrianople Group
The Adrianople Group is a research and advisory firm focused on educating the world about Special Economic Zones (SEZs). The Adrianople Group launched the Open Zone Map, the first map encompassing all Special Economic Zones (SEZs) globally. Leading organizations including McKinsey & Company, PwC, and World Wildlife Foundation rely on the company’s data to make impactful decisions. The Adrianople Group’s data around Special Economic Zones (SEZs) provides geopolitical market research and business intelligence solutions to investors, government officials, academics, and others interested in Special Economic Zones (SEZs). Adrianople team members and associates consist of a staggeringly diverse array of doers and thinkers, located everywhere from San Francisco to Singapore, London to Lagos.
Key Takeaways: Where Business is Done
- Thibault Serlet is Co-Founder and Chief Researcher at Adrianople Group, a research and advisory firm focused on educating the world about Special Economic Zones (SEZs).
- In the podcast interview, Thibault and Joe discuss where business is done. The answer is special economic zones.
- A special economic zone (SEZ) is an area in a country that is subject to different legal and economic regulations than other regions within the same country.
- Special economic zones (SEZs) are typically created in order to facilitate rapid economic growth by leveraging tax incentives to attract foreign investment and spark technological advancement.
- Thibault Serlet and the team at Adrianople Group recognized that information about special economic zones is scarce and hard to find.
- The Adrianople Group is on a mission to radically increase the quality and amount of data about Special Economic Zones and related projects.
- While exact numbers are not available, Thibault believes that the majority of supply chains past through special economic zones.
- The Open Zone Map is the world’s first comprehensive attempt at mapping every single Special Economic Zone (SEZ). The map includes all known SEZs, capitals, airports, and ports.
- The map was created to improve public understanding of SEZs. The goal is to inspire other researchers studying SEZs to create their own data sets, sparking a knowledge revolution.
- The Adrianople Group is a research and business advisory services provider focused primarily on Special Economic Zones and similar projects.