Phillip Akhzar and Joe Lynch discuss why packaging matters. Phillip is the Founder and CEO of Arka, a tech enabled packaging platform that provides custom and unbranded eco-friendly packaging to SMBs at competitive prices.
About Phillip Akhzar
Phillip Akhzar is the Founder and CEO of Arka, a tech enabled packaging platform that provides custom and unbranded eco-friendly packaging to SMBs at competitive prices. Phillip is a serial entrepreneur, Y Combinator alum, and sustainability and supply chain expert. Prior to starting Arka, Phillip founded and successfully exited a few startups. Phil began his professional career at Boeing Aerospace. Phil is a San Francisco native, who earned an Industrial Engineering degree from California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo.
Arka is a tech enabled packaging platform that provides custom and unbranded eco-friendly packaging to SMBs at competitive prices. Arka is integrated with Shopify, BigCommerce, Square and Shipbob and their integrations provide a seamless experience to their customers when they order packaging. Arka’s API uses AI to auto-replenish packaging inventory for warehouses and 3PLs. Arka Packaging has the flexible packaging solution ecommerce businesses need to stand out from the crowd with custom and unbranded eco-friendly packaging. All of Arka’s paper products are FSC certified. From their material offerings, to how they ship, to the facilities they use, it all utilizes the latest eco-friendly and sustainable practices.
Key Takeaways: Why Packaging Matters
- Phillip Akhzar is the Founder and CEO of Arka, a tech enabled packaging platform that provides custom packaging solutions to the SMB market.
- Ecommerce packaging is one of keys to a great customer experience. A box that is ugly, too big, or too difficult turns customers off – and they might not buy again.
- Arka works with both shippers and warehousing companies.
- For shippers: Arka has worked with over 2,000 entrepreneurs, small businesses owners, and makers of all sizes to understand what matters most to their unboxing experience: low minimums, premium materials, quick turnaround, self-service tools and the flexibility to scale orders.
- For warehousing companies: Arka automates the packaging ordering process by connecting Arka’s API to the warehouse management system (WMS). By automating the packaging ordering system, companies eliminate packaging inventory shortages, the hassle of inventory counts, and dozens of emails and phone calls.
Learn More About Why Packaging Matters
Introduction to Packaging Your Products with Phillip Akhzar
The Tusk Logistics Story with Ben Emmrich