Ayala Rudoy and Joe Lynch discuss why your shipment is late. Ayala is the Global Vice President and GM of Logistics and Transportation Business Unit at Tomorrow.io, the world’s only Weather and Climate Security Platform.
About Ayala Rudoy
Ayala Rudoy is the VP & GM of the Logistics & Transportation Enterprise Business Unit at Tomorrow.io, The World’s Weather Intelligence and Climate Security Platform, helping countries, businesses, and individuals manage their weather and climate security challenges. Previously, Ayala worked at SafeDK (acquired by Applovin), for 3.5 years as Director of Strategic Sales. She also served as an Operations Officer in the Israeli Air Force where she witnessed first-hand, the difficulty weather made in planning and executing missions. Ayala, completed her B.A. in Political Science and L.L.M in Law at Tel Aviv University, and she’s a certified Lawyer with an Israeli License. She currently resides in Tel Aviv, Israel with her husband and three children.
Tomorrow.io is The World’s Weather and Climate Security Platform, helping countries, businesses, and individuals manage their weather and climate security challenges. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including ITS ConGlobal, Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid, and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams prepare for the business impact of weather by automating decision-making and enabling climate adaptation at scale.
Key Takeaways: Why Your Shipment is Late
- Ayala Rudoy is the VP & GM of the Logistics & Transportation Enterprise Business Unit at Tomorrow.io, The world’s weather intelligence and climate security platform dedicated to helping countries, businesses, and individuals make better decisions concerning the weather.
- In the podcast interview, Ayala and Joe discussed “why your shipment is late” and the answer is very often because of weather related delays.
- When it comes to late shipments there are lots of reasons including but limited to truck availability, shipment not ready, traffic jams, paperwork issues, etc., but we overlook the impact of weather related delays.
- The cost of weather related accidents, delays, inventory damage, service failures, and hour of service problems for drivers are enormous, but there is no push to improve because nobody can control the weather.
- While we can’t control the weather, we can do a better job of planning around the weather – avoiding all those weather related problems.
- Tomorrow.io has developed a weather intelligence and climate security platform that is custom-built to help logistics and transportation companies reduce the impact of weather on their operations.
- Tomorrow.io customers make better decisions because they a have weather intelligence. Better weather-related decisions reduce accidents, insurance costs, shipment delays, and makes the lives of drivers safer and easier.
Learn More About Why Your Shipment is Late
The Logistics of Logistics Podcast
- If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a positive review, subscribe, and share it with your friends and colleagues.
- The Logistics of Logistics Podcast: Google, Apple, Castbox, Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Tunein, Podbean, Owltail, Libsyn, Overcast
- Check out The Logistics of Logistics on Youtube