Beyond the Data with William Sandoval
About William Sandoval
William Sandoval serves as senior vice president of product management & strategy for PowerFleet, leading PowerFleet’s product management, program management, and product marketing teams while providing strategic direction to drive innovative products and solutions. Sandoval has over 25 years of experience leading product strategy, technological innovation, and product development execution.
PowerFleet (NASDAQ: PWFL) is a leading global provider of wireless IoT and M2M solutions for securing, controlling, tracking, and managing high-value enterprise assets such as industrial trucks, tractor trailers, containers, cargo, and vehicle and truck fleets. PowerFleet is the result of the combination of I.D. Systems, Pointer Telocation Ltd., and Cellocator on October 3, 2019, when I.D. Systems acquired Pointer Telocation Ltd. and rebranded as PowerFleet Inc. PowerFleet provides a complete technology suite that delivers telematics, asset tracking, freight visibility, and driver behavior. Their solutions include an FMCSA-compliant ELD system, trailer/ container/ chassis GPS tracking, automated driver workflow, refrigeration command and control, cargo visibility and status, driver navigational assistance, and robust fleet management. Their two-way refrigerated solution integrates into Thermo King™ and Carrier™, and their suite of tracking devices include wireless sensors, photographic cargo imaging, and environmental status. PowerFleet is headquartered in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, with offices located around the globe, and a technology innovation center in Israel. The Company’s patented technologies address the needs of organizations to monitor and analyze their assets to increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, and improve profitability.
Key Takeaways: Beyond the Data
- William Sandoval is the Senior Vice President – Product Management & Strategy of PowerFleet, a wireless IoT firm that provides critical actionable information that powers unified operations throughout organizations.
- In the podcast interview, William and Joe discussed beyond the data, which describes the changes William has seen in the tracking management business.
- Not so long ago, companies with assets like trucks, trailers, containers, freight, etc. were thrilled to have tracking solutions that told them where their assets were. In the interview, William explained that cost-effective tracking is just table stakes, a bare minimum requirement.
- Companies like PowerFleet are moving beyond tracking to data collection and data analytics.
- Data analytics is focused on extracting insights from data, ideally business insights that will enable companies to make more money.
- In the interview, William described the 4 types of data analytics:
- Descriptive analytics provides historical information (valuable)
- Diagnostic analytics provides real-time information (more valuable)
- Predictive analytics provides information on what may happen (even more valuable)
- Prescriptive analytics provides information on what you should do in the future to avoid problems/take advantage of opportunities (most valuable)
- Increasingly, customers of PowerFleet are looking for predictive and prescriptive analytics that enable them to better manage their assets, save money, while maximizing productivity and profit.
- PowerFleet (NASDAQ: PWFL) is a leading global provider of wireless IoT and machine-to-mobile (M2M) solutions for securing, controlling, tracking, and managing high-value enterprise assets such as industrial trucks, tractor trailers, containers, cargo, and vehicle and truck fleets.
- PowerFleet transforms the way organizations manage mobile business assets — like forklifts, cargo trailers, and connected cars. Our technologies control, track, analyze, and optimize hundreds of thousands of these assets all over the world. PowerFleet help organizations be safer, improve efficiency, and cut costs.