Derek Doddridge and Joe Lynch discuss is your TMS enough. Derek is the Vice President of Enterprise Sales for Emerge, one of the fastest-growing startups in the U.S. and is transforming the $800 billion transportation and logistics industry with its digital freight marketplace platform.
About Derek Doddridge
Derek Doddridge is Vice President of Enterprise Sales for Emerge. He has been with the company for three years. Prior to joining Emerge, he was Vice President of Sales for Freight Rover. His industry background also includes 10 years with Celadon Trucking, where he worked in various sales and operations positions. A graduate of Indiana Tech, he has an MBA in business. He earned his undergraduate degree in fine arts from Franklin College.
Transforming the $800 billion freight industry, Emerge empowers meaningful logistics relationships through its award-winning Freight Procurement Platform. Built by freight professionals for freight professionals, Emerge is reinventing the procurement process by offering solutions that enable shippers and carriers to make more empowered, strategic decisions. In addition to the platform, shippers can connect to the Emerge Marketplace which opens access to 35,000 asset based carriers in order to create meaningful freight connections. The world’s largest shippers and capacity providers use the Emerge Freight Procurement Platform daily, showing immediate ROI for procurement and saving valuable time in the process. Founded in 2017, and located in Scottsdale, Arizona, Emerge is one of the fastest-growing technology startups in the U.S.
Key Takeaways: Is Your TMS Enough
- Derek Doddridge is Vice President of Enterprise Sales for Emerge, a flexible, efficiency-driven RFP platform for freight.
- In the podcast interview, Derek and Joe answer the question is your TMS enough and the short answer is no.
- Shippers absolutely positively need a good transportation management system (TMS) to manage their freight, but it not the only tool needed to successful.
- Transportation management systems are increasingly developed with the ability to integrate with other applications that shippers need to successful.
- Applications that may be integrated into a TMS include apps for visibility, dynamic pricing, capacity management, carrier licensing/insurance, etc..
- Emerge is freight procurement platform that many shippers are connecting to their TMS because most transportation management systems are not built to manage RFP events.
- Emerge is reinventing freight procurement by providing access to benchmarked rates and thousands of trusted partners to maximize cost-savings.
- Emerge is custom built for freight RFP events and as a result the process is streamlined, easy, and saves shippers time and money.
- The Emerge platform provides carriers access to more shippers and more opportunities.
- Carriers gain access and bid directly on exclusive contract and spot lanes that they may have never had access to before. The Emerge network connects carriers with shippers of all sizes, providing them more opportunities in the lanes that work for your company.
- Emerge uses a network model, which becomes increasingly valuable to users (carriers and shippers) as it scales.
- Emerge is FREE for shippers