Leveraging Automation to Build a Competitive Advantage with Alfonso Quijano
Alfonso Quijano and Joe Lynch discuss leveraging automation to build a competitive advantage. The automation that Alfonso discussed is robotic process automation (RPA). In the discussion, Alfonso explains how RPA is not a physical robot, but a bot or technology that processes data and can help companies leverage employee´s performance by road-mapping repetitive task into one single digital organism.
About Alfonso Quijano
Alfonso Quijano is the CTO at Lean Solutions Group and the COO & Co-founder at Lean Tech. Alfonso is an electronic engineer, full-stack developer, and technology executive focused on the logistics industry. He has led the creation of state-of-the-art technology solutions such as fully automated vehicle access control systems with ALPR. Alfonso is a veteran head software developer knowledgeable in various high and low-level programming environments, IT project manager, and leader of software divisions. He is a versatile engineer with operations experience focused on building highly efficient technology teams and all supporting company departments, including HR, Marketing, Sales, PR, and IT. Alfonso earned an Electronic Engineering degree from the Universidad del Norte in Barranquilla Colombia.
About Lean Staffing Solutions
Lean Staffing Solutions provides operational, sales, marketing, and technology support to over 120 leading 3PLs. To succeed in the transportation and logistics business, 3PLs need to be able to hire and retain the very best talent, while keeping a lid on costs. Since the competition for the best talent is fierce companies need an edge that will help them win. Lean Staffing Solutions is that edge. Lean provides a turnkey solution to staffing challenges using a proven process that will improve profits while reducing employee costs. Lean can deliver on this promise because they are the pioneers in helping U.S. based companies set up satellite offices in Colombia. Since 2014, Lean has worked with over 100 satisfied U.S. based transportation and logistics providers. Lean ensures that your satellite office in Colombia is staffed with highly educated, English speaking professionals trained in your company’s processes and systems. The Lean approach is a low cost, low risk, low hassle, and they manage the entire process with their account managers. Lean Staffing Solutions offers a suite of product offerings from traditional staffing to technology, sales, and marketing services.
Key Takeaways: Leveraging Automation to Build a Competitive Advantage
- Alfonso and his team at Lean Tech are utilizing robotic process automation to help their customers become more competitive.
- Robotic process automation (RPA) is the use of software with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning capabilities to handle high-volume, repeatable tasks that previously required humans to perform.
- RPA can be used to manage typical emails received by logistics companies including freight quote requests, track & trace, invoicing, etc. RPA can also transfer freight information from emails to other systems like TMS, WMS, ERP, etc.
- RPA is also being used to automate sales and marketing emails, which is a lower-cost way to grow sales.
- Using RPA can help logistics and transportation companies to reduce costs, improve efficiency, grow their sales, and ultimately become more competitive.
Learn More: Leveraging Automation to Build a Competitive Advantage
3PL Basics: An Introduction to 3rd Party Logistics with Roberto Cadena