The SourceDay Story with Tom Kieley
Tom Kieley and Joe Lynch discuss the SourceDay story. Tom is the CEO and Co-Founder of SourceDay, a company that integrates with ERPs to automate purchase order (PO) changes and enable supplier collaboration.
About Tom Kieley
Tom Kieley is the CEO and Co-Founder of SourceDay, an Austin based technology company that automates purchase order (PO) changes and enables supplier collaboration. Prior to co-founding SourceDay, Tom managed a manufacturing team at Dell. Earlier in his career, Tom worked as technical expert with enterprise software companies Boomi and Pervasive. Tom and his co-founder Clint McRee started SourceDay in 2015 to transform how manufacturers, distributors, and retailers collaborate with their suppliers in order to solve supply chain challenges they both faced early in their careers. Tom earned his Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering from Texas A&M University. On a personal level, Tom is a dad, lover of sports, and exercise fanatic. He loves cars and anything outdoors.
Today more than ever, supply chains are broken, unstable and disrupting organizations throughout the world. SourceDay helps small to large organizations solve their complex supply chain challenges in manufacturing, distribution and consumer product goods. SourceDay provides unique collaboration software that bridges the legacy gap between suppliers and the ERP by automating purchase order (PO) changes throughout the entire direct spend lifecycle. With SourceDay’s suite of collaborative products, procurement teams can trace a single part from PO issuance to acknowledgment and final delivery, giving organizations unprecedented visibility into the first mile of their supply chain.
Key Takeaways: The SourceDay Story
- Tom Kieley is the CEO and Co-Founder of SourceDay, an Austin based technology company that automates purchase order (PO) changes and enables supplier collaboration.
- In the podcast interview, Tom told the story of co-founding SourceDay and described the company’s mission, solutions, and rapid growth.
- Everyday disruptions like late shipments, missed emails, and miscommunications cause 50% of direct spend PO lines to change. During times of major disruption, this number gets even higher.
- The relationship between buyers and suppliers is broken. Every quote, purchase order and invoice is still emailed repeatedly, updated manually and chased down daily.
- SourceDay automates PO line changes which eliminates manual work with email, spreadsheets, phone calls and text messages. As a result, companies can reduce late shipments, inventory carrying costs, pricing discrepancies, and out of stock issues.
- SourceDay integrates with their customer’s ERP to automate purchase order (PO) changes and enable supplier collaboration.
- SourceDay automates communication between buyers and suppliers and integrates with any ERP system.
- SourceDay is a Software as a Service that extends manufacturing and distribution organization’s ERP capabilities; improving supplier on-time deliveries, increasing inventory turns, reducing supply chain errors, and optimizing the use of working capital.