Eddie Misicka and Joe Lynch discuss building wolrd class tech for final mile. Eddie is the Vice President of Product Development at OneRail an Orlando-based last mile transportation visibility solution providing shippers with Amazon-level dependability and speed.
About Eddie Misicka
Eddie Misicka is the Vice President of Product Development at OneRail. He is based out of Orlando, FL – where OneRail is headquartered – and where Eddie is a 3 generation Orlandoan. Eddie was pretty early into OneRail where he has played an integral role in the success of OneRail. He is formally trained in graphic and interactive design, and has been designing and building software for 15 years for various industries – from streaming freight pricing, streaming karaoke, machine monitoring, insurance, CRMs to healthcare.
OneRail is an Orlando-based last mile transportation visibility solution providing shippers with Amazon-level dependability and speed. With a real-time connected network of 10 million drivers, OneRail finds the right vehicle for the right delivery so shippers gain low prices and greater capacity to rapidly scale their businesses. Across retail, CPG, distribution, construction, healthcare and more, OneRail offers an exceptional last mile delivery experience with an on-time delivery rate of 98.6%, while keeping brands front and center. To learn more, visit OneRail.com.
Key Takeaways: Building World Class Tech for Final Mile
- Eddie Misicka is the Vice President of Product Development at OneRail, an Orlando-based last mile transportation visibility solution providing shippers with Amazon-level dependability and speed.
- In the podcast interview, Eddie and Joe discuss what it takes to build world class tech for final mile shipping.
- Eddie described the complex nature of developing technology for the final mile.
- The tech development team must successfully manage the following:
- Multiple personas – shippers, carriers, in-house team
- Multiple levels of users within the customers – financial, operational, and logistics
- Multiple environments – phone, laptop, tablet
- Regardless of the persona or the environment, the user experience must be perfect
- Users are accustomed to consumer grade tech (Amazon, DoorDash, etc.) and they expect it from the final mile tech – and OneRail delivers it
- OneRail’s comprehensive 4-in-1 delivery fulfillment solution combines leading technology with a coast-to-coast courier network, a skilled 24/7 Exceptions team and a micro fulfillment labor force to solve last mile logistics more comprehensively than any other solution in the space.
- OneRail provides 100% visibility into the delivery flow, but it’s way more than a visibility platform. With the right mix of leading technology, dependable couriers, and a vigilant customer experience (CX) team, customers get the ability to change delivery outcomes in real time.
- The OneRail logistics platform is modular, with the flexibility to serve as a standalone platform or integrate with an existing TMS.
Learn More About Building World Class Tech for Final Mile
The OneRail Story with Bill Cantania
Inventory is Everything with Jeff Flowers
Retail Delivery Trends with Matt Schultz