Andrew Semisch and Joe Lynch discuss smart freight sourcing, which starts with an RFP tool purpose built for freight sourcing. Andrew is Vice President of Commercial Development for Emerge, the leading freight procurement platform.
About Andy Smisch
Andrew Semisch is Vice President of Commercial Development for Emerge, the leading freight procurement platform. In this role, he leads the company’s acquisition and growth of strategic accounts. Prior to Emerge, Semisch worked for UPS for 36 years, holding titles of increasing responsibility including Regional Vice President for UPS Freight, and ultimately being promoted to the position of Vice President of Transportation, UPS. A Pennsylvania native, Semisch earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Temple University.
Transforming the $800 billion freight industry, Emerge empowers meaningful logistics relationships through its award-winning Freight Procurement Platform. Built by freight professionals for freight professionals, Emerge is reinventing the procurement process by offering solutions that enable shippers and carriers to make more empowered, strategic decisions. In addition to the platform, shippers can connect to the Emerge Marketplace which opens access to 35,000 asset based carriers in order to create meaningful freight connections. The world’s largest shippers and capacity providers use the Emerge Freight Procurement Platform daily, showing immediate ROI for procurement and saving valuable time in the process. Founded in 2017, and located in Scottsdale, Arizona, Emerge is one of the fastest-growing technology startups in the U.S.
Key Takeaways: Smart Freight Sourcing
- Andrew Semisch is Vice President of Commercial Development for Emerge, a freight procurement platform that provides access to benchmarked rates and thousands of trusted partners to maximize cost-savings.
- In the podcast interview, Andrew and Joe discuss smart freight sourcing – which starts with an RFP tool purpose built for freight sourcing.
- The Emerge RFP solution provides additional visibility and flexibility into the freight procurement process. It also provide shippers and carriers an opportunity to connect with new companies, which is great for both carriers and shippers.
- Shippers using Emerge’s Freight Procurement Platform are able to spend less time on carrier RFPs and more time developing relationships with current and prospective carriers. The goal is to let the technology automate the process, while humans are building relationships with their fellow humans.
- Emerge is reinventing freight procurement by providing access to benchmarked rates and thousands of trusted partners to maximize cost-savings.
- Emerge is custom built for freight RFP events and as a result the process is streamlined, easy, and saves shippers time and money.
- The Emerge platform provides carriers access to more shippers and more opportunities.
- Carriers gain access and bid directly on exclusive contract and spot lanes that they may have never had access to before. Emerge’s network connects carriers with shippers of all sizes, providing them more opportunities in the lanes that work for your company.
- Emerge uses a network model, which becomes increasingly valuable to users (carriers and shippers) as it scales.
Learn More About Smart Freight Sourcing
- Andy Semisch
- Emerge’s LinkedIn
- Awarded Podcast
- Awarded Podcast on Apple
- Awarded Podcast on Spotify
- Awarded Podcast on YouTube
- Modern RFP Processes Offer Multitude of Shipper Benefits
- Emerge launches Benchmarking
Related The LoL episodes:
- The Emerge Story with Andrew Leto
- Building a Freight Juggernaut Again with Michael Leto
- The Freight RFP Process is Broken – Let’s Fix It with Maggie Petrovic
- Emerge Levels Up with Michael Leto
- It’s Not the Market, It’s Your Procurement with Andrew Haverkampf
- The Freight Marketplace with Dave Maddox
- Is Your TMS Enough with Derek Doddridge
- The Secret Sauce with Mark McEntire